Education Requirements: Bachelor Degree.
Other Requirements: Include:
- ASA or FSA designation.
- At least 5 years health actuarial experience at a consulting firm or health insurance company.
- Prefer exposure to health insurance pricing or product development.
- Staff management and mentoring.
- Project management.
- History of relationship building and client/management interaction.
- Effective communication skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify client issues and resources needed to solve problems.
- Analytical thinking, ability to evaluate analysis for communication to clients.
- Ability to plan projects, identify project deliverables, meet deadlines and ensure compliance with quality procedures.
- Dynamic people skills with the desire to develop a successful client base through networking, writing articles, speaking engagements and other marketing methods.
- Client focused and results orientated.
- Resourceful, creative, ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
Salary Range: Negotiable
Description: This is one of the many actuary jobs Mid America Search has available. Consultants meet client needs by spending significant time interacting with clients and are able to effectively build client relationships. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Accurately diagnose a client’s problem.
- Develop project proposals.
- Refine the strategy of a project.
- Outline a project plan and present the results to the client.
- Provide leadership for project teams.
- Eventually work toward developing their own client base and secure new client business and leads.