Actuarial Project Manager
Education Requirements: Bachelor Degree.
Other Requirements: Include:
- At least 5 years health actuarial experience at a consulting firm or health insurance company.
- Prefer experience with Medicare Advantage programs, Medicaid programs, individual and small group insurance, or provider risk-taking programs.
- Staff management and mentoring.
- Project management.
- Effective communication skills; good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to help identify client issues and resources needed to solve problems.
- Analytical thinking, ability to evaluate analysis for communication to clients.
- Ability to help plan and organize work for projects, teach and check work of less experienced professional staff, identify project deliverables, meet deadlines and ensure compliance with quality procedures.
- Client focused and results orientated.
- Resourceful, creative, ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
Salary Range: Negotiable
Description: This is one of the many actuary jobs Mid America Search has available. Project Managers (PMs) are responsible for doing technical work and delegating that work to Professional Staff to help meet client needs. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Teach and train professional staff who are working on the projects for which the PM is responsible.
- PMs typically work on five to seven projects simultaneously and are expected to add insight into the technical direction of a project.
- Check the initial reasonableness of the solution and create client communications for review by Consultants.
- Client interaction generally includes data collection, project updates and answering basic technical questions.