Vice President of Operations opportunity! Above all, this exciting Vice President of Operations (VP) position will be the Senior Executive tasked with overseeing the day-to-day administrative and operational functions of our client’s growing holistic financial planning practice. Most noteworthy, this position will have the growth opportunity to become managing partner. The VP of Operations job reports to the President. Most noteworthy, the President has 25 plus years of experience providing asset and wealth management through various investment and insurance strategies.
Above all, the VP of Operations will lead all office management. This allows the President to function as the public face of the firm and handle all outward-facing communications. Furthermore, the VP of Operations will have strong analytical, managerial, communication, and leadership skills. Most noteworthy, this person needs to build the team, manage all staff and run the business while taking direction from the President and helping to grow the firm.
Our client needs a VP of Operations to enable the President to continue providing exceptional retirement planning for our clients and drive revenue for the firm. Even though the firm is well established, the President is motivated to continue to grow the firm substantially over the next 10 plus years. Salary is $100k to $125k (negotiable DOE) + $25K if the firm hits certain production goals + 401(k) plan. Location is Columbus, OH area. Apply now for this excellent Vice President of Operations job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2927.
General Job Description
This position reports directly to the President and is a key part of our client’s financial planning practice. Above all, the position will provide leadership, coaching, training, and counsel to all company team members and will oversee all high-level HR duties. Furthermore, this role will analyze and improve organizational processes and work to improve quality, productivity, and efficiency. Finally, working knowledge of financial planning practices is a must for this position.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Above all, manage all firm operations in an efficient cost-effective way.
- Also, improve operational management systems, processes and utilize best practices of firm’s existing policies and procedures.
- Furthermore, assist in adherence to compliance with Broker-Dealer, RIA, and Insurance Companies.
- Recruit, train, coach, counsel, mentor and supervise all staff.
- Most noteworthy, oversee Human Resources policies and responsibilities to include hiring, establishing employee goals, annual performance evaluations, employee recognition, and terminations.
- Initiate and implement office practices to ensure world-class service to clients. Continually seek ways to increase the quality of customer service.
- Also, assist in formulating strategic and operational objectives.
- Most noteworthy, communicate job/role expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions on a consistent basis.
- Manage relationships with key vendors as needed
- Finally, provide backup support for team members as needed.
Qualifications for Vice President of Operations:
- Above all, the VP of Operations will need a minimum of 5+ years extensive experience within a financial planning environment.
- Furthermore, Understand the operations required for a financial planning firm.
- Most noteworthy, basic understanding of fixed and variable annuities, general investments and managed accounts thru an RIA.
- Also, must know how to manage a team effectively, how to grow a business and how to operate the day-to-day facets of a financial planning firm.
- Extensive experience in the practices, policies and procedures of a financial advisory firm.
- Must be a resourceful problem solver
- Must possess strong leadership skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferably a Master’s in Business Administration and other industry certifications.
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to effectively manage people with the flexibility to adapt to various personality types.
- Experience working and communicating with Broker-Dealers, RIAs, and insurance companies is important.
- Finally, High-level working knowledge of small business human resources needs and general working knowledge of state and federal requirements.
- Excellent Leadership and Communication Skills
- Customer orientation: identify and prioritize customer needs
- Self Confidence and resilient
- Professionalism and strong work ethic
- Finally, flexibility to adapt and change in a dynamic setting to the needs of the leadership, employees and clients