Vice President of Operations job with our Client, a growing Dallas, Texas, based Life Insurance Company! Above all, under the direction of the Executive Vice President and Chief Operations Officer (“COO”), VP will lead the operations project management function and is a key contributor to the successful implementation of key corporate initiatives. Also, the VPO assists the COO in the day‐to‐day oversight and direction of the third party administrators managing the new business, underwriting, claims, and policyholder services functions for all lines of business. Do you have 10 years of management experience in the insurance or health care industry? Then, apply now for this exciting Vice President of Operations job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2882.
- Above all, leads the operations project management function and is a key contributor to the
successful implementation of key corporate initiatives, as assigned by the COO:
a. First, design project goals and critical success markers,
b. Second, determine how success will be measured and tracked,
c. Third, participate in the completion of operations tasks,
d. Most noteworthy, motivate team members be accountable for their tasks and assignments, and
e. Finally, ensure projects are completed on‐time and on‐budget
- Furthermore, oversee third‐party administrators that perform operational duties on behalf of any of the lines of business, including auditing for compliance with service level agreements.
- Also, prioritize workflow, measure, monitor, and provide on‐going assistance to third‐party
administrators to ensure department operations are performed in accordance with
established service standards.
- Think strategically about the administration of the organization’s products and services,
seeking to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Most noteworthy, communicate department’s objectives and how this relates to and affects not only other departments, but also the goals, standards, and mission statement of the company.
- Furthermore, recommend and implement procedures to reduce costs, improve services, and add
- Also, review operating results, compare them to established objectives, and take steps to
ensure measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Finally, recommend, design, and implement employee education, retention, and learning
programs that drive employee engagement and foster open communication across the
Additional Essential Duties
- Above all, represent the company with major customers, outside organizations, legal and
regulatory, governmental authorities, and vendors.
- Furthermore, responsible for assisting in business acquisitions, operational project planning, and
- Maintain contacts with management in the insurance industry, including attendance at
- Most noteworthy, coordinate activities and responses as requested by the SVP of Compliance during market conduct exams, audits, or agent investigations.
- Finally, ensure all organizational activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local,
state and federal regulations at the direction of the SVP of Compliance.
Job Classification and Confidentiality
- Full‐time, salaried.
- Also, bonus eligible.
- Most noteworthy, position requires regular hours in the home office.
- Above all, this position requires regularly working with confidential data.
Bachelor’s degree in business or the equivalent in work experience.
Completion of insurance industry training programs (LOMA).
Above all, minimum of 10 years prior management experience in the insurance or health care industry.
Finally, strong technical skills are a must.