The Senior Life Underwriter is responsible for the underwriting function for all lines of business issued by our Client. Furthermore, the Senior Life Underwriter ensures satisfactory experience in insurance risks; develops and implements underwriting policies and procedures, while being mindful of the mission, vision, and core values of the company. In addition, coordinates activities between home office, field office underwriting and field sales force. Salary is $95,000 to $125,000 Negotiable DOE. This job’s location is Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas. Apply now for this excellent Senior Life Underwriter job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2951.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Above all, as Senior Life Underwriter, underwrites the larger or more complex individual life insurance applications within guidelines set for the issuance of policies on a standard or substandard basis.
- Determines whether to accept, modify or decline a risk through evaluation of an individual’s medical history or physical condition, occupational hazards, financial background, insurable interest, and other information pertinent to the decision.
- Furthermore, manages one underwriter and associated software/technologies.
- In addition, reviews the work of other underwriters and provides guidance, coaching and mentorship.
- Has frequent contact with the field force to gather information on which to base decisions, and to explain and defend underwriting courses of action.
- Also, may review and act on reinstatements and changes on existing policies.
- Manages and owns relationships with external clients, producers, vendors, and firms.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Uppermost, supervisory abilities.
- Advanced written communication skills.
- Furthermore, analytical skills and math aptitude.
- Sound judgement.
- Also, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with reinsurance process.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of underwriting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience.
- FLMI designation, a plus.
Here is a link back to Featured Insurance Jobs. Also, here is a link to All Insurance Jobs. Or if you prefer, back to the hub; our Home page.
Additional resource links for Dallas-Fort Worth, TX and Wikipedia