Project Manager – Life Product Development plans and leads/oversees multiple complex, enterprise-wide product development projects and project-related activities. Most noteworthy, this role drives delivery of new product launches and execution of the product roadmap in collaboration with cross functional stakeholders across the company. Above all, job requires 3-5 years of experience as a Project Manager managing insurance marketing or product development projects. Finally, Life/Annuity/Financial institutions industry experience is a must. Apply now for this exciting Project Manager – Life Product Development job by clicking on the Apply Now green button above! This is Job 2857.
Our Client, a family of insurance companies, is committed to helping Americans prepare for and live comfortably in their retirement. Most noteworthy, through its subsidiaries, our Client is a leading provider of annuity and life insurance products. Above all, they offer annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking safety, protection and income solutions to meet their needs.
In 2019, our Client received a Top Workplace award, which they credit to their shared values: Collaborative, Authentic, Dynamic and Empowered. Most noteworthy, they continue to build and strengthen the company, while being a great place to work. So, we help to recruit talented and committed individuals to join our Client’s team, and they provide opportunities for personal and professional growth.
The Project Manager position will be part of the Chief Actuary organization reporting to the AVP of Product Development and has no subordinates.
Project Management Duties and Responsibilities:
- Above all, deliver a quality Product Development process with focus on speed to market.
- Most noteworthy, direct and coordinate internal and external project resources from all business units to help them meet deadlines and deliverables as well as ensure effective project launches.
- Also, manages projects through all phases of the life cycle, including project initiation, requirements, design, development, testing, implementation and post implementation review.
- Defines project scope, resources requirements, budget, timeline, deliverables and milestones; evaluates courses of action on an ongoing basis and selects the best alternative to attain project goals.
- Promotes leadership through collaboration, cooperation and communication across functional areas to ensure goals are achieved.
- Ensure that communication plans are developed, documented and completed for new product launches.
- Also, partners with project stakeholders to define requirements, establish status reports, develop communication plans and create management presentations.
- Monitors the status of specific project dependencies related to the overall project incorporating such constraints into the overall plan.
- Identifies and collaborates to analyze, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks.
- Define, communicate, implement and monitor quality standards on all project deliverables.
- Finally, performance of project closure activities.
Business Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
- First of all, participates in analysis efforts, requirements creation to support product development across TPAs and vendors.
- Second, analyzes business problems and makes recommendations for creative solutions.
- Third, ensure that marketing materials are accurate and available for product launch by providing necessary updates and facilitation across business units.
- Finally, ensure that websites, sales tools, sales reporting, vendor sites etc. are accurate and available for product launch by providing necessary updates and/or facilitation across business units.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- First of all, minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Project Manager managing insurance marketing or insurance/financial product development projects
- Most noteworthy, Life/Annuity/Financial institutions industry experience is a must. Above all, strong life and annuity product knowledge needed.
- Also, demonstrate knowledge of project and business management principles, methods and techniques and identifying critical paths
- Demonstrate experience managing multiple simultaneous projects involving cross functional project teams within budgetary and schedule constraints
- Proven experience with process re-engineering or business transformation
- Strong business analysis and presentation skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of application development, vendor management or infrastructure
- Also, high level of expertise with Microsoft Office (including MS Project)
- Excellent communication, facilitation and organizational skills
- Team player with demonstrated ability to proactively identify issues and to influence key project decisions to achieve desired outcomes
- The candidate should be able to work independently and be able to operate efficiently in unpredictable and challenging project environments
- Most noteworthy, ability to interact with personnel at all levels of the organization in both technical and business areas successfully
- Finally, requires Insurance/ Financial institutions industry experience