Manager, Financial Reporting Job! Join exceptional company! For over six decades our Client has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life’s unexpected events. Recognized as one of the state’s Top Workplaces our Client’s employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. Above all, our Client believes in an employee-centric flexible environment, which is why they offer the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements. Furthermore, the Manager, Financial Reporting job salary range is $115k to $120k, $125k is max + 15% bonus. Our Client’s location is Des Moines, Iowa. Importantly, this job is Remote or Office or Hybrid. It’s open to the Candidate’s preference. Apply now for this excellent Manager, Financial Reporting job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2917.
The Manager, Financial Reporting will report to the Director, Financial Reporting and interact with all levels of senior management. They will lead other members of the Financial Reporting Team and collaborate with various departments across the Company, as applicable.
Manager, Financial Reporting Duties and Responsibilities
- Above all, Manager, Financial Reporting has managerial oversight of the SEC annual and interim reports, including accurate and timely completion of the GAAP financial statements, schedules, and analysis.
- Furthermore, managerial oversight of the NAIC statutory-basis annual and quarterly statements, including quality of the related footnotes, schedules, and analysis.
- Executing internal controls designed to mitigate identified risks within the financial reporting process.
- In addition, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and implementing changes necessary for strategic vision, including internal control enhancements to ensure risks are adequately mitigated.
- Assisting with requests of both internal and external auditors.
- Also, managing the monthly/quarterly close calendar and assisting with the coordination of close activities.
- Researching and analyzing regulatory, technical, or other information, as deemed necessary.
- Furthermore, developing staff through individual learning plans, on-the-job coaching, and continuous feedback.
- Assisting with ad hoc requests, special projects and other duties related to financial reporting and analysis, as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Uppermost, Minimum 7 years of experience in financial reporting, accounting, or auditing.
- Life insurance or financial services experience.
- Furthermore, Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- In addition, financial reporting package and web filings experience preferred.
- CPA license preferred.