Newly created role for Manager, Life & Annuity Competitive Intelligence! This is a vital role to our excellent rated Insurance Client. Most noteworthy, job requires 5+ years market/competitive research in the annuity and life insurance product markets. Above all will focus on answering critical product questions. First of all, how is our Client to understand customer behavior? Second, how does our Client’s product compare to Competitor’s product? Most noteworthy, how does our Client’s distribution channel compare to our Client’s Competitors? Exceptional role for candidate with expertise in product competitive intelligence. Areas of responsibility include management and integration of product and sales market research. Furthermore, will provide leadership to Competitive Intelligence team members. Finally, will support requests from internal and external partners. Iowa location. Salary is negotiable. Apply now for this exciting Manager, Life & Annuity Competitive Intelligence job by clicking on the Apply Now green button above! This is Job 2856.
Our Client, a family of insurance companies, is committed to helping Americans prepare for and live comfortably in their retirement. Through its subsidiaries, our Client is a leading provider of annuity and life insurance products. They offer annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking safety, protection and income solutions to meet their needs.
In 2019, our Client received a Top Workplace award, which they credit to their shared values: Collaborative, Authentic, Dynamic and Empowered. They continue to build and strengthen the company, while being a great place to work. We recruit talented and committed individuals to join our Client’s team, and they provide opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
Competitive Research and Communication:
- Above all, develop partnerships across the business to increase the impact of market research. Work with key stakeholders to provide research input on key business questions. Develop relationships in and outside the company in order to share consumer insights.
- Most noteworthy, develop the processes, tools, and methodologies to provide the organization with insights into competitor behavior, market reactions, and competitive postures. Hence, support strategic decision-making. Also, support will be customized across applicable channels/product categories.
- Furthermore, develop and manage internal relationships. Proactively identify research needs. Provide advice about use/application of research. Integrate with business processes.
- Also, provide internal support during strategic and product planning activities about customer or marketplace information.
- Hence, be the subject matter expert on internal and external customer data. Provide research results which are actionable and impactful. Clearly express ideas, direction, methodology, results, and recommendations.
- Present findings to senior management via written reports, supporting tables, graphics, and appendices.
- Finally, attend and present at relevant industry conferences as company representative. So, occasional travel may be required.
Integrate Information Sources:
- Above all, maintain and develop data solutions to enhance competitive intelligence reporting/benchmarks.
- Also, research internal and external data capabilities/make enhancements
- Most noteworthy, create and maintain the ability for F&G employees to have access to a repository of research and competitive intelligence information.
- Manage relationships with external research vendors: Continually review vendors to ensure we are using “best of breed solutions”. Manage review and selection process. Negotiate contracts. Judge effectiveness of operations, accuracy, and quality controls. Identify implementation problems and resolutions.
Lead and prioritization of research:
- Above all, provide leadership and prioritization of the activities, analysis, and detailed reporting of competitive intelligence team.
- Most noteworthy, oversee all primary market research projects, both qualitative and quantitative, in the areas of brand research, customer satisfaction, buyer behavior, product concepts, segmentation and marketing effectiveness.
- Furthermore, develop team
- Also, prepare and track departmental and project-level budgets and use of resources
- Finally, other duties as assigned
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Above all, minimum of five years of related work experience in market/competitive research or a related field.
- Insurance or financial institutions industry experience required.
- Most noteworthy, Annuity and/or Life insurance product knowledge is required
- Finally, able to perform in a fast-paced production environment while addressing multiple projects and responsibilities.
Job skills and Knowledge
- Most noteworthy, excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proven experience in presenting ideas to key contributors throughout an organization.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Applications
- Furthermore, strong analytical skills (attention to detail, ability to create detailed reports and run analyses)
- Ability to visualize and/or contribute to the presentation of an idea or project (from concept and design to presentation)
- Strong project management, organization and follow up skills. Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Hence, ability to work as part of a team.
- Above all, life insurance industry knowledge. Understand sales, distribution, and regulatory matters.
- Experience with illustration reports and, or systems.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with peers and supervisors within and across organizational lines.
- Ability to quickly adapt and adjust to change
- Results rather than task orientation
- Finally, flexibility skill set.