Internal Auditor & Staff Accountant
Location: Dallas, TX
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
Other Requirements: In addition to Education, requirements also include:
- Experience in the life insurance industry preferred, performing audits and statutory accounting.
- Also have understanding of statutory accounting principles and statutory financial statement filings.
- Further, good organizational and referencing skills related to work papers, financial statements and schedules prepared.
- In addition, excellent personal computer skills, including MS Office including Excel, Word, Outlook. Excel proficiency a plus.
- And finally, excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
Salary Range: $65k to $80k range DOE
Description: Our Client is a Dallas based provider of a wide range of life insurance, annuity, Medicare supplement, and critical illness products used to build and preserve the financial security of our Client’s policyholders adheres to conducting of internal financial audits. Furthermore, our Client, a growing national life and annuity company with over $1 billion in assets and nearly 10,000 agents throughout the country, seeks an Internal Auditor & Staff Accountant. And, this job reports to the Controller. With the description discussed above, duties and responsibilities include:
- Documenting, plan and execute company procedures and internal controls.
- Also, will be effectively conducting internal control, operational, financial, across various financial and operational areas throughout the company and third-party administrators.
- Evaluating the adequacy of internal controls and effectively communicating cost-effective, realistic solutions to control owners.
- Auditing accounting and other data of various departments to verify completeness and accuracy.
- In addition, will be preparing summaries on the results of audits, assisting in identifying control gaps or other issues, and helping to develop process improvement recommendations.
- Also, contribute ideas that strengthen internal audit practices and other risk/control efforts.
- Perform other department and/or company-related assignments as assigned.
- Furthermore, prepare or assist quarterly and annual statutory statements including schedules and exhibits prepared in accordance with statutory accounting principles (SAP).
- Assist in preparation of audited statutory financial statements including footnotes.
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations and analysis and research variances for resolution.
- Prepare and/or assist in creation of State Pages, State Premium Tax Returns, and other state regulatory filings.