Corporate Large Loss Specialist job with top rated Property Casualty company! Our top rated Client is an “employer of choice” among Claims professionals. Corporate Large Loss Specialist serves as a primary resource within the company for technical property claims handling assistance. Furthermore, provides expert advice and recommendations to branch claims staff, Corporate Claims and Underwriting on large loss and complex claims, as well as the strategic handling of complex property claims. Most noteworthy, directly handles all claim responsibilities and activities involved in the adjustment of the company’s largest, most complex property claims with minimal to no direction. Engages in extensive and extended travel to loss locations throughout the country. Also, manages the implementation of Critical Path Development. Assists with on-site coordination for catastrophic (CAT) claim adjusting activities. If interested, apply now for this Corporate Large Loss Specialist job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2898.
- Performs field inspections on multiple large loss claims of the highest complexity and prepares detailed, quality estimates.
- Analyzes coverage and determines appropriate coverage applications.
- Also, obtains and analyzes the appropriate business records to estimate and verify business income loss.
- Most noteworthy, engages in extensive travel to loss locations throughout the country to conduct on-site inspections and claim handling.
- Furthermore, prepares and implements Critical Path Development plans to establish effective and timely steps to repair and/or replace damaged property and restore business operations.
- Documents and files all necessary paperwork and reports for claims.
- In addition, develops and prepares Large Loss Reports, including statements of loss, loss schedules, and reserve worksheets.
- Participates in branch Claims evaluations, and reviews claim files to determine compliance with the company claim handling guidelines.
- Provides input on training materials and helps plan and present the Property Supervisor school.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Also, ten years of experience with claims adjusting, including at least four years of experience handling large and complex property losses.
- Furthermore, insurance designations such as AIC, CPCU, and/or other insurance education preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Upper most, excellent, proven knowledge of large loss management and technical file handling.
- Furthermore, excellent knowledge of the theory and practice of the claims function and demonstrated experience of good judgment regarding large loss adjustment and coverage.
- Also, strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles.
- Moreover, excellent knowledge of insurance contracts.
- In addition, excellent leadership and negotiation qualities.
- Excellent knowledge of computers and claims systems.
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Also, advanced investigative and problem-solving abilities.
- Extensive travel, including flying; a valid driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle report per company standards required.
Per Colorado Equal Pay Work Act, the hiring range for this job for Colorado based team members is $95,000-$125,000. The hiring range for other locations may vary.
Articles on how to work remote. How to (Actually) Save Time When You’re Working Remotely and 20 Tips for Working From Home.