We are seeking a talented Associate Actuary – Annuity Product & Pricing to join our Client’s team. This Associate Actuary will support the design, development, modeling and implementation of Annuity products. This job reports to the Annuity Pricing Actuary and has no subordinates. Will have significant collaboration with the Sales & Marketing, Valuation, Investment and Modeling departments. Most noteworthy, our Client provides opportunities for personal and professional growth. Salary is $95k to $110k. Apply now for Job 2836.
The Essential Functions
- First of all, Associate Actuary will support the annuity product design and modeling exercise. Will use established pricing guidelines and profitability targets for all Annuity products. Focus will be on fixed indexed annuity products.
- Also, implement and review final annuity pricing models.
- Evaluate and reset non-guaranteed elements of all current retail annuity products monthly.
- Furthermore, Associate Actuary supports feasibility analysis for new and innovative product ideas. Evaluate / analyze products in a risk adjusted framework.
- Also, support preparation of all annuity pricing-related product specifications. This includes pricing memoranda and required filing materials.
- Another Associate Actuary duty is to assist in ensuring new and existing products are supported in systems.
- Most noteworthy, maintain knowledge of the annuity market environment and competitor annuity products.
- Also, create and maintain documentation of all work.
- Finally, Associate Actuary provides support to other business units. Hence, as needed, this includes investments, compliance, risk management and policyholder services.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science or related field.
- ASA and MAAA certifications.
- Also, Associate Actuary needs experience and knowledge of modeling software as general account product projection tool.
- Minimum of four years of related actuarial work. Also, some annuity product and pricing (preferably fixed indexed annuities) experience.
- Furthermore, strong technical, analytical, organizational, computer, and team skills.
- Most noteworthy, fixed Indexed Annuity experience preferred.
- Also, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Knowledge of general account insurance products.
- Furthermore, technical knowledge of liability model platform, such as GGY Axis.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Also, Associate Actuary must be a self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative and displays a high energy level.
- Most noteworthy, must be a team player. Must have the ability to function as a key member of a small group. Furthermore, members of the team work with great autonomy. Each takes a high degree of ownership for their areas of responsibility.
- Finally, strong problem-solving skills that include advanced analytical and reasoning abilities. Show ability to apply actuarial principles to complex situations.