Actuary – Model Development job requires FSA with strong modeling background to join our highly rated growing life and annuity Client. First of all, the Actuary – Model Development plays a leadership role in both the conversion from Moses to AXIS as well as the existing MoSes modeling system. Hence, they serve as a primary point of contact for others within the Actuarial Team as it relates to model needs. Furthermore, they manage and review the work of other members of the Model Development Team and will maintain an effective control environment. Also, strong knowledge of actuarial modeling systems is needed. Intermediate C++ and Visual Basic. Finally, needs to be versed in project/process management. Salary is $140k to $150k + 15% STI + 20% LTI. Apply now for Job 2841.
Together with the VP-Actuarial Modeling, the Actuary – Model Development will consult with various actuarial teams in support of the design and development of AXIS and understanding the needs of various constituents. This position reports to the VP-Actuarial Modeling. Also, this role will manage other members of the Model Development Team and, furthermore, will be a key point of contact with external actuarial resources. Most noteworthy, this person will need to influence other members of the Actuarial Team without having a direct reporting relationship with them.
The Essential Functions
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- First, making sure that all requirements are well understood and documented for the AXIS modeling system.
- Also, performs or reviews implementation of model development.
- Facilitates actuarial sign-off of model testing.
- Ensuring that the system is functioning optimally and efficiently.
- Understands the relationships among systems for assigned business area as well as interfacing systems and recognizes the interdependencies.
- Work closely with business, including IT and Financial Operations, to identify and document business needs.
- Identify and document gaps in business and/or system functionality across applications.
- Work with outside consultants and solution providers on business issues and needs.
- Also, creates and maintains documentation of project work following agreed upon standards.
- Finally, help lay out roles and responsibilities within a model governance framework.
Experience and Education Requirements
- First of all, Bachelor degree and 12+ years of related actuarial experience
- Furthermore, strong modeling background
- Also, versed in Project/process management
- Most noteworthy, strong knowledge and experience with actuarial modeling systems
- Intermediate knowledge of C++ and Visual Basic
- Knowledge of industry best practices/methodologies
- Understanding of importance of maintaining a strong control environment
- Finally, sound knowledge of business and technical operations preferred
Skills and Abilities
- First of all, strong ability to solve problems; Logical thinker
- Also, strong programming and mathematical skills
- Knowledge of statutory, GAAP, and tax accounting
- Knowledge of general account insurance products
- Furthermore, very strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Most noteworthy, self-starter who can develop policies, procedures and protocol
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and a functional level required.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities required.
- Ability to weigh different options and to weigh risk in order to come up with best recommendation or solution to a problem.
- Finally, intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).