Exceptional opportunity for experienced life Actuary! Ideal life insurance Actuary job for an ASA or FSA proficient in using MG-ALFA! Join a market-leading life insurer! Above all, a company that aims to better serve an ever-growing market segment. Furthermore, play a significant role on a small Actuarial team. Hence, contribute to the success of this growing company. Most noteworthy, work with C-suite executives and Leadership from across the organization. Also, develop an enterprise view of the business. Finally, further develop your technical skills, abilities and general business acumen. Salary is $130k to $150k plus 15% target bonus. Company offers exceptional benefits. Great work schedule and office in the West Des Moines area. Apply now for this exciting new job! Go to www.midamericasearch.com and apply for Job #2844.
Our Client is a mutual life insurance company. Hence, it exists to serve its policy holders and customers. Above all, Company provides consumer friendly insurance products. Markets its products through an established network of Agents throughout the United States. Our Client acts with the highest level of integrity and is a leader in the industry. This dedication to integrity starts with their valued employees! You will work as an Actuary on team-based projects within the department. Also, you will work as part of cross-functional teams. Most noteworthy, up to 50% of the role will entail work in MG-ALFA. Developing, improving, and running models for Cash Flow Testing. Corporate Modeling. Product Pricing and Profitability. Finally, will develop ad hoc models.
The Essential Functions
- Modeling block performance and testing changes to assumptions and/or design.
- Ongoing review of Loyalty Programs for Affinity Customers
- Preparation of relevant sections of the financial statements
- Also, actuary will Support:
- The calculation of statutory and tax Reserves
- Periodic management reporting and administration
- Peer review of other department members’ work product
Also, Actuary will support other areas to put in place changes to the administration system. Assists in the development of new products. Furthermore, repricing of existing products, corporate projections and reporting of those results.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Four-year college degree in mathematics, actuarial science or a related field.
- Ideal Actuary candidate will have attained an ASA or FSA designation.
- Also, five to ten-plus years of progressive experience in the life insurance industry.
- A strong understanding of actuarial concepts including statutory reserve requirements.
- Above all, must be proficient in using actuarial modeling software, MG-ALFA preferred.
- Furthermore, must be proficient in Microsoft Office software applications particularly Excel and Access.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL is a strong plus, but not required. If candidate does not have this skill must show a willingness and aptitude to develop it.
- Finally, completion of LOMA courses in Principles and Operations a plus.