Exceptional part-time Health Actuary job! Join leading company with dominant presence in their market. Iowa location. Apply now for this exciting Actuary job by clicking on the Apply Now green button above! This is Job 2860.
The Essential Functions
- Above all, annual development of manual rate factors used for initial large group dental product pricing.
- Furthermore, review of monthly GAAP and Statutory IBNR and active life reserves as prepared by an outside actuary.
- Also, development of monthly GAAP and Statutory IBNR for certain products lines.
- Most noteworthy, collaborate with Provider Relations on provider reimbursement schedules and support network growth strategies by providing analysis on expected changes to reimbursement amounts and long-term impact on our Client.
- Furthermore, work with Government program staff in analysis of experience results, development of plan design options and pricing for dental products offered through government sponsored programs; analysis of State’s actuaries’ pricing, communicate impacts of pricing assumptions on our Client’s expected financial results.
- Most noteworthy, timely and accurate regulatory rate filings ensuring department knowledge and compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Also, forecasting Underwriting Revenue and Margins for annual budget and quarterly forecasting processes utilizing past data trends, judgment, and knowledge of environmental factors to reasonably estimate future financial results.
- Pricing analysis and rate setting for small group dental, individual dental, and vision products in order to achieve target underwriting margins. Includes strong understanding of impacts of both large and small changes.
- Finally, direct work and act as mentor to actuarial students as applicable.
- Above all, ASA required, will consider FSA.
- At least 4 years’ experience. Ideally health insurance experience.
- Finally, prefer Candidate in Des Moines, Iowa. Will consider remote.