Actuary, Experience Studies & Analytics Job! Our Client is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. This exceptional company delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Their mission is to enhance their clients’ prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
The Actuary, Experience Studies & Analytics develops experience studies and analytics for opportunities within our Client’s US Mortality Markets. Provides critical actuarial expertise and research for key stakeholders including department management, pricing and valuation teams, and clients. Develops out new capabilities including enhancing industry research, enabling traditional experience studies, expanding the use of predictive analytics and other tools, and providing key insights into our Client’s reinsurance business.
Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. Colorado residents’ salary range: $125,435 to $191,760 per year plus an annual bonus. A full range of competitive health and life insurance, retirement and other employee benefits are available. Our Client offers the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements. Apply now for this excellent Actuary, Experience Studies & Analytics job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2923.
Actuary, Experience Studies & Analytics Responsibilities
- Provides experience studies and analytics to help develop and enhance our Client’s US Mortality Markets reinsurance transactions.
- Challenge conventional practice to drive new insights from experience studies. Drive advanced analytic capabilities to develop internal studies of mortality and persistency experience. Communicate the analyses, in a meaningful fashion, to management and other key stakeholders.
- Furthermore, lead data and technology enablement initiatives including cloud-based data modeling and analytics and support experience studies calculation engine enhancements.
- Lead projects on current and emerging topics of interest to our Client or their cutomers, including experience studies, mortality/morbidity research, statistical analysis and data analytics, etc.
- In addition, present work products through various outlets including internal meetings, industry meetings, and internal or external publications.
- Foster and energize positive collaboration with key stakeholders, such as pricing, business development, underwriting, new business initiatives, global data analytics, external clients, etc.
- Also, manage the requests for experience studies and analysis.
- Participates in special projects, committees, meetings and client presentations as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field.
- Also, FSA accreditation.
- 7+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance and/or reinsurance.
Actuary, Experience Studies & Analytics Skills and Abilities
- Above all, advanced actuarial technical skills.
- Moreover, highly advanced knowledge of life insurance products.
- Intermediate PC skills and intermediate understanding of actuarial systems including spreadsheet, database, and actuarial tools.
- Also, intermediate to advanced understanding of reinsurance concepts and methods.
- Furthermore, advanced ability to model various insurance products and reinsurance structures.
- Ability to challenge and enhance analytical capabilities.
- Also, understanding of GAAP, statutory and tax accounting and reporting.
- Most noteworthy, highly advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received.
- Highly advanced investigative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In addition, expert ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
- Advanced skills in customer relationship management and change management.
- Above all, highly advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions.
- Also, highly advanced ability to manage multiple projects and/or teams simultaneously.
- Highly advanced ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Most noteworthy, highly advanced persuasion and negotiation skills when working with internal/external customers.
- In addition, adaptable, self-starting, and team oriented.
- Finally, must be able to travel as required.
- Advanced knowledge of our Client’s Experience Study System.
- Also, familiarity with database applications.
- Finally, advanced life insurance and/or reinsurance industry and product knowledge.
Articles on how to work remote. How to (Actually) Save Time When You’re Working Remotely and 20 Tips for Working From Home.