This Life Insurance Distribution role will manage established relationships and foster production. This is done through developing accounts and recruiting new distribution partners. Manage the Life Insurance Distribution team and direct activities internally to achieve production goals and sales objectives for Life Insurance sales and marketing. Contribute to the Life Insurance Product Development by partnering with internal teams. Contact Mid America Search now to be considered for this vital role.
VP – Life Insurance Distribution
Location: Remote or Des Moines, Iowa
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Other Requirements: In addition to Education, requirements also include:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the Life insurance business.
- Also, minimum 5 years of experience as an executive in the Life insurance business with a focus on sales and marketing.
- In addition, MBA or Industry designations of CLU, ChFC, CFP, MSM are desired.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Furthermore, ability to effectively represent company to a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Also, ability to foster effective working relationships within the organization and with key accounts.
- Technology proficient.
- Ability to conduct extensive travel is required.
Salary Range: $160k to $180k base + annual bonus paid quarterly
Description: The VP – Life Insurance Distribution will promote the sale of Life insurance products. The goal is to use state-of-the-art life insurance distribution models. This VP – Life Insurance Distribution job will manage established relationships. It will foster production through developing accounts and recruiting new distribution partners. This job will be responsible for managing the Life Insurance Distribution team. It will direct activities internally. Achieve life insurance sales production goals and life insurance sales objectives.
This job will also contribute to the Life insurance product development by partnering with internal teams. The VP – Life Insurance Distribution job reports to the Senior Vice President, Chief Distribution Officer. It will be responsible for managing a team of National Account Vice Presidents, National Accounts Managers and Internal Wholesalers. This job will interact externally with distribution partners. It will interact internally with several departments including Actuarial, Product Development, Operations and Legal. Furthermore, with the description discussed above, duties and responsibilities include:
- Create & deliver strategic plan to expand life insurance products. This is within Brokerage Life, Network Marketing, Annuity distribution channels.
- Also, responsible for driving sales of Life products within our Client’s core IMO distribution partners. Establish newly recruited relationships.
- In addition, responsible for coordinating the development of marketing plans by each team member.
- Also, maintain strong relationships with key distribution partners. Conduct frequent communication and visitation. Encourage, support and participate in meetings and seminars promoting our Client. Coordinate with internal teams in support of distribution partner’s needs.
- Furthermore, assist in the coordination and oversight of primary activities of the internal Sales Support Team.
- Also, partner with Marketing team to develop high quality promotional pieces in support of Sales efforts.
- in addition, generate monthly state of distribution reports and deliver ad hoc projects to the CDO.
- In addition, assist in maintaining and developing our Life competitive intelligence. Make recommendations in design, positioning and opportunity.
- Furthermore, work closely with the Vice President of Annuity Distribution to create synergies and opportunities for our Client within Annuity IMOs.
- Also, will take active role in partnering with operations and IT to assure positive field service experience.
- In addition, make effective contributions to Life product development process by partnering with distribution & internal teams.
- In conclusion, collaborate with Institutional VP to explore life promotion within IBD & Bank relationships.