Sr. Financial Analyst GAAP Forecasts & Analysis Job! For over six decades our Client has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life’s unexpected events. Recognized as one of the state’s Top Workplaces our Client’s employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. Above all, our Client believes in an employee-centric flexible environment, which is why they offer the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements.
Our Client is hiring for a Sr. Financial Analyst, GAAP Forecasts & Analysis. Furthermore, this job reports to the Director, FP&A Forecasts & Analysis and will interact with multiple teams throughout the company, including but not limited to finance, actuarial, investments, reinsurance, and capital. Moreover, this job is responsible for ownership and execution of best-in-class, scalable FP&A short term forecasts and analysis. It will deliver an integrated, full-service performance cycle to public company standards. Uppermost, this job will be pivotal to the success of FP&A through its active partnership across the finance and actuarial departments.
Sr. Financial Analyst GAAP Forecast & Analysis role performs FP&A. The FP&A function provides senior management with forward looking projections and analysis of our Client’s financial and operating results. That is, it connects strategy to performance. The FP&A team has a significant contribution to the successful setting of our Client’s financial targets and their ultimate achievement. In addition, they enable management to credibly communicate with external stakeholders. The FP&A department brings together the work of technical teams in finance, actuarial, investments, reinsurance, and the lines of business. In addition, it delivers value-added business analysis and metrics in support of enterprise-wide decision making. The FP&A department will have a comprehensive understanding of all key business performance drivers and sophisticated financial models. Furthermore, the Sr. Financial Analyst, GAAP Forecasts & Analysis job annual salary range is $90k to $100k and the job’s current duration is a 6 months 1099 arrangement with the possibility of permanent status. Our Client’s location is Des Moines, Iowa. Importantly, this job is Remote or Office or Hybrid. It’s open to the Candidate’s preference. Apply now for this excellent Sr. Financial Analyst, GAAP Forecasts & Analysis job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2929.
Sr. Financial Analyst GAAP Forecasts & Analysis Responsibilities
- Support robust financial forecasting, financial analysis, and ad hoc deliverables; synthesize complex concepts to create analysis and explanations that are clear, concise and credible.
- Furthermore, prepare high quality, timely and accurate monthly and quarterly GAAP variance analysis and forecasts.
- Reporting monthly/quarterly Sales by line of business and distribution channel, as well as, preparing current year forecast.
- In addition, harness technology to drive automation and efficiencies for flexible turnkey deliveries.
- Assist introduction and distribution of FP&A GAAP forecasts and analysis, considering material nonpublic information (MNPI) requirements.
- Moreover, collaborate with others to instill deeper understanding of FP&A team function and requirements across our Client.
- Support culture of financial transparency and continuous improvement.
- In addition, partner closely with the FP&A – Performance Analytics and Reporting and FP&A – Projections and Analysis teams, scope as mutually agreed, to provide continuity to actual and emerging financial results.
- Prepare production of analysis for FP&A business decision support requests, including ad hoc analysis of complex financial business issues that impact the organization.
- Also, collaborate across FP&A to inform on business intelligence, align assumptions and ensure integrity of projections and forecast (“no surprises”).
- Partner with the FP&A – GAAP Projections & Analysis team to move projections into ‘production’ for use in variance analysis, reporting and business decision support.
- The job will support other FP&A deliveries, serving as an additional liaison between other Finance teams to ensure a holistic and consistent delivery model.
- Furthermore, partner with Financial Reporting on deliverables and dependencies.
- Collaborate with business partners and finance to aggregate and distribute Sales results and provide assistance for ad hoc reporting.
- Also, audit PBC requests.
- Tax team deliverables for provisioning and projections.
- In addition, support Capital & Ratings Management team deliverables for rating agency.
- Offshore Bermuda and Cayman teams to integrate results into overall story.
- Regulatory forecasts and rating agency forecasts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Actuarial or related field.
- Furthermore, 4-6 years related professional experience in financial reporting and/or financial planning & analysis required.
- CPA or MBA highly desirable.
- In addition, Big-4 Audit Experience highly desirable.
- Moreover, Insurance experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of annuity and life insurance products preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting practices and principles.
- Also, advanced knowledge of Excel (needs to know macros) and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with projections, general ledgers, databases, and report writing is desired.