This job’s primary responsibility is to support the company’s various modeling tasks. That is, it is an actuarial predictive modeling job. Also, to do this actuarial predictive modeling, we will explain. Furthermore, these tasks include modeling for economic capital, stress testing, and cash flow testing. In addition, to this. The person will perform required projections. The person will also be responsible for asset modeling.
Sr. Associate Actuary – Corporate Modeling
Location: Des Moines, IA
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science or related field.
- Successful attainment of FSA or ASA, with the intention of attaining an FSA.
- Also, 5+ years of experience of related actuarial experience in the financial services industry modeling insurance products. Use actuarial predictive modeling.
- Furthermore, fixed indexed annuity knowledge is preferred.
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational, computer, and team skills.
- In addition, must have a solid understanding of insurance company income statements and balance sheets.
- Good understanding of maintaining a strong control environment.
- Also, fixed indexed annuity knowledge preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with AXIS, Moses or similar actuarial modeling software preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Furthermore, ability to analyze model output to determine reasonability of results.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Also, a self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative and displays a high energy level.
- In addition, should be inquisitive with a strong desire to understand and solve problems.
- Team player who can function as a key member of a small group.
- Willingness to ask questions and propose improvements.
- High degree of ownership for their areas of responsibility.
- In conclusion, should have strong problem-solving skills. These include advanced analytical and reasoning abilities. Demonstrate ability to apply actuarial principles to complex situations.
Salary Range: $125k DOE
This job’s primary responsibility is to support the company’s various modeling tasks. That is, these include modeling for economic capital. This also includes stress testing and cash flow testing. In addition, to this. The person will perform required projections.
The person will also be responsible for asset modeling. In addition, the person will provide support for the model conversion project. Furthermore, this job reports to the AVP-Corporate Modeling. Also, it currently has no direct reports.
Duties and responsibilities
- Produce financial projections that support our Client’s risk management framework. Included in these projections is economic capital testing. and stress and scenario testing.
- Also, support the production of cash flow testing. Conduct other projection related tasks. This includes sensitivity tests and risk-based capital projections.
- Effectively validate inforce models to recent experience.
- Furthermore, create and validate asset models on a quarterly basis.
- In addition, assist modeling team. When this is necessary. It will be testing and developing solutions for modeling problems.
- Improve processes and documentation around modeling exercises.
- In conclusion, play an active role in the conversion from MoSes to AXIS.