Senior Actuary, Inforce Management, job available! Our Client maintains an “excellent” rating from AM Best and has $55+ billion in assets. Also, it has over 25,000 active agents and 800+ employees. Our Client’s policyholders work with independent agents, banks and broker-dealers. Furthermore, they remain steadfast in their commitment to quality products, excellent customer service and integrity. The Senior Actuary, Inforce Management is responsible for rate setting for annuity products, managing initiatives related to inforce experience studies, and other profitability management processes.
In addition, the individual in this role will exercise considerable discretion and judgment working under minimal guidance. This individual will report to a VP and have a small team of actuarial associates and/or analysts under direct report. Salary is based upon experience and qualifications and is DOE. A bonus is also available. This job is in the greater Des Moines, Iowa area. Apply now for this excellent Senior Actuary, Inforce Management job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2948.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads a team to support the analysis and recommendations on inforce rate adjustments to senior managers.
- Furthermore, provides monthly summaries of the rate analysis including recommended changes to rates.
- Works closely with other departments to move approved rates into production.
- In addition, conducts product pricing sensitivity testing in MG-ALFA.
- Coordinates and analyzes experience studies to support pricing and inforce management.
- Also, conducts product pricing sensitivity testing in MG-ALFA.
- Interprets testing results and summarizes findings.
- Furthermore, builds cross-functional relationships with other business units throughout the organization.
- Assists with various product modeling and rated projects.
- Also, trains and mentors actuarial associates, analysts and interns.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- ASA or FSA
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, finance, mathematics, statistics or other related field.
- Uppermost, 6 to 10 years of progressively responsible actuarial/financial analysis or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience is required.
- Fixed Indexed Annuity product experience.
- Above all, experience with MG-ALFA, MS Excel / Word / PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with data analytics tools (R, Python, Tableau) a plus.
- Furthermore, deep understanding of actuarial science and the ability to apply this knowledge is critical.
- Self-motivated and result focused.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- In addition, effective verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Strong systems aptitude.
- Advanced mathematical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
- Also, strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Excel and Access.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical/operational procedures.
- Furthermore, strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions on practical problems that deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability and willingness to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced working environment.
- Minimal to no travel is required in this job.
Back to Actuary Jobs.. Also, here is a link back to Featured Insurance Jobs. Or if you prefer, back to the hub; our Home page.
Additional resource links for Greater Des Moines, IA and Wikipedia.