The Senior Actuarial Assistant is a strong contributor within a high performing group that conducts financial reporting and analysis for a wide range of US and International products underlying our Client’s reinsurance treaties. Products include Variable and Fixed annuities, Fixed Index Annuities, SPIAs, PRT, and Longevity Swaps.
While the focus is on US GAAP reporting and planning. The Senior Actuarial Assistant job also includes production and analysis of other important metrics, including US Statutory reserves, Tax, Solvency II, ORSA, Cash Flow Testing, Economic Capital, and Embedded Value. In addition, the role contributes to the enhancement of the financial models and infrastructure by developing and maintaining actuarial assumptions, methods, models, and processes used within the valuation team.
Pay is based on several factors. This includes local market, a candidate’s skills, and experience commensurate with a role, etc. Colorado residents’ salary range: $70,235 to $99,735 per year + Annual Bonus. A full range of competitive health and life insurance, retirement and other employee benefits are available. Our Client offers the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements. Apply now for this excellent Senior Actuarial Assistant job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2925.
Senior Actuarial Assistant Responsibilities
- Develops, maintains, and/or reviews actuarial models in Prophet and other applications, including setting up and maintaining appropriate assumptions.
- Furthermore, performs detailed US GAAP, US Statutory and Tax valuation work for assigned business, ensures these items are appropriately documented and posted, and assists with identifying changing requirements and adapting to maintain compliance.
- Develops unbiased projections for financial planning and analysis and assists with communication of financial analytics and results in terms of major drivers of variance.
- In addition, serves as a liaison with other valuation, pricing, administration, risk management, finance, and internal/external audit associates.
- Performs ad-hoc department projects as needed and called upon.
Senior Actuarial Assistant Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field.
- In addition, five of Exam P, FM, MLC, MFE, C and FAP1.
- 2+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance/reinsurance.
- Experience with actuarial valuation or pricing models.
- Furthermore, familiarity with deferred and immediate annuities, including equity-indexed and/or variable annuities.
- Familiarity with fixed income investments, understanding of asset modeling techniques and capital markets.
- In addition, understanding of pensions and other longevity products.
- Life insurance/reinsurance industry and product knowledge.
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL, or equivalent technology), spreadsheets, statistical programs, and actuarial software (TAS, AXIS, Prophet, or equivalent).
- In addition, ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Furthermore, advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to work effectively with different disciplines, including pricing, finance, accounting, systems, and administration.
- Ability to compile, analyze, refine, and interpret large amounts of financial data/results and model projections.
- Also, complex analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Competent knowledge and understanding of actuarial and accounting concepts.
- In addition, ability to work independently and to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects.
- Expertise in Prophet and/or AXIS (or equivalent actuarial software).
- In addition, expertise in Prophet with experience using the ALS library, at least 1 Liability library and preferred expertise in at least one of the summary or GAAP cohort libraries.
- Ability to program in Visual Basic, R or equivalent.
- Also, advanced understanding of local regulatory environments and US GAAP accounting standards.
Articles on how to work remote. How to (Actually) Save Time When You’re Working Remotely and 20 Tips for Working From Home.