Excellent Actuarial job for Senior Actuarial Analyst to join Des Moines, Iowa, based Actuarial Valuation Team. Our Client is one of the fastest growing companies in the Life and Annuity industry. They focus on the U.S. retirement and life insurance markets. Our Client offers a broad range of annuities and life insurance options, as well as reinsurance solutions. Join our Client’s team and grow with them. Enjoy a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. They support flexible work arrangements. Finally, a casual dress code, above-average paid time off, parental and military leave, adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement are just a few of the extra perks. Apply now for this Senior Actuarial Analyst Actuary Job 2838.
The Essential Functions
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- First of all, calculate and analyze SOP 03-1, DAC, URR and Fair Value of Liability (FVL) balances for quarterly financial reporting.
- Also, calculate and analyze VM-20 reserves used in quarterly statutory reporting.
- Most noteworthy, calculate and explain changes to quarterly economic reserves used in reporting for the company’s captives.
- Running and interpreting quarterly GAAP, Statutory, and Plan model runs.
- Also, help develop, update, and maintain financial reporting controls to adhere to requirements of section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley act.
- Assist in the creation of account value roll-forwards for quarterly financial reporting.
- Finally, assist in annual cash flow testing. Responsibilities include running and interpretation of model results, documentation, and drafting of memorandums.
Required Education and Experience
- First of all, Education and experience equivalent to a four-year college degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, finance, or other related field.
- Most noteworthy, successful completion of three or more Society of Actuaries exams
- Also, three to five years of experience in the life insurance industry is preferred.
- Experience with MG ALFA or other actuarial valuation / projection software is preferred
- Understanding of US GAAP and Statutory valuation frameworks for life product lines is preferred
- Experience with SAS or other programming a plus
- Also, knowledge of individual life and indexed products preferred
- Demonstrate high competency to solve complex calculations. Also, understand technical written material.
- Furthermore, strong communication, technical and analytical skills.
- Also, Ownership. Take personal accountability for the execution of goals and objectives.
- Most noteworthy, Innovative. Able to participate in the generation of new and unique ideas.
- Finally, Teamwork. Positive attitude to be part of a strong performing team.