Join growing Client in Senior Actuarial Analyst – Hedging job. Above all, be responsible for compiling data and reporting financial information to the Investments Department to inform investment purchasing decisions. Furthermore, conduct deep comparative analysis of policy data in order to make informed hedge recommendations, consistent with established corporate hedging strategy. Most noteworthy, considerable independent judgment and discretion is required. Apply now for this exciting Actuarial hedging job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2864.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Above all, applies principles of finance and mathematics in providing analytical support to hedging.
- Second, collects, compares and analyzes data from various sources such as the policy administration and other systems.
- Third, prepares hedging recommendations and memos summarizing analytical findings and recommended investment purchases designed to reduce or mitigate financial risk to the company.
- Most noteworthy, applies independent judgment to optimize combinations of hedge positions in formulating hedge recommendations.
- Also, proposes and implements process improvements to mitigate increased complexity due to new products, hedging structures, hedging strategies, and/or underlying indices.
- Furthermore, prepares weighted cost of money and other related reports.
- Completes spreadsheets to be utilized by accounting in financial reporting.
- Serves as subject matter expert on hedging analysis and provides work direction to junior analysts.
- Compiles data into a readable and understandable format that can be used by management for appropriate action.
- Collaborates with administrative department to investigate and account for new business anomalies in hedge recommendation.
- Compiles hedge effectiveness reports and memoranda.
- Participates in various product and pricing projects.
- Finally, performs other related work as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Finance, Actuarial Science or related field of study
- Furthermore, four (4) years of progressively responsible related experience in the financial services industry; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Prior experience performing comparable hedging work in an actuarial function strongly desired but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Above all, strong customer service orientation.
- Furthermore, effective verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Most noteworthy, strong systems aptitude.
- Also, advanced mathematical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficient in the use of SQL and Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Excel and Access.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical/operational procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions on practical problems that deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability and willingness to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced working environment.
- Finally, minimal to no travel is required in this position.