Pricing and Underwriting Manager, job available! This job will manage the day-to-day activities of the Underwriting team; develop and recommend profitable pricing for all fully insured and self-funded products priced by our Client and its subsidiaries. Furthermore, the Pricing and Underwriting Manager job will review and approve monthly claims reserves and monitor and forecast underwriting margins. You will balance market need with cost effective, profitable product solutions that align with our Client’s strategic direction. This is an opportunity to drive results in a collaborative way. In addition, make sound pricing recommendations that include strong understanding of impacts of both large and small changes. Moreover, the Pricing and Underwriting Manager job will articulate the big picture while digging into the details and providing detailed analysis. This job’s salary is $116k to $120k. This Pricing and Underwriting Manager job requires working at the Des Moines, IA area headquarters. This is not a remote job. Apply now for this excellent job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2955.
Duties and Responsibilities for Pricing and Underwriting Manager
- Pricing analysis and rate setting for pooled products including small group dental, individual dental, and vision products to achieve target underwriting margins.
- Furthermore, annual review and development of manual rate factors used for initial large group dental and vision product pricing.
- Support of timely and accurate regulatory rate filings ensuring department knowledge and compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Analysis of underwriting revenue and margins for all product lines relative to budget levels for communication to management.
- In addition, oversee performance of data analysis and reporting to support sales, finance, marketing, and other areas in their specific business needs.
- Understand the details and dynamics of the markets in which our Client operates and collaborate to develop strategies and tactics to sustain segment leadership and profitable growth.
- Also, forecasting of underwriting revenue and margins for annual budget and quarterly forecasting processes utilizing data trends, judgment, and knowledge of environmental factors to reasonability estimate future financial results.
- Collaborate with Provider Relations staff on provider reimbursement schedules and support network growth strategies by providing analysis on expected changes to reimbursement amounts and long-term impact on our Client.
- Review of monthly unpaid claim liability and IBNR estimates for certain products lines for review with VP and reporting to stakeholders.
- In addition, leadership of underwriting and data analysis staff including hiring, performance management, coaching, and development to enhance performance.
- Effective communication with internal stakeholders; translating detailed analytic data into concise recommendations for peers and management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Pricing and Underwriting Manager
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college required; Actuarial Science or Math degree preferred.
- 5+ years of pricing, reserving, and forecasting work experience required, strongly prefer experience in health or property & casualty insurance.
- Furthermore, formal leadership experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required; SQL experience preferred.
- In addition, ability to perform detailed calculations and independently solve complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Also, ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Strong collaboration skills and philosophy.
- In addition, ASA and MAAA preferred.
Back to Actuary Jobs. Also, here is a link back to Featured Insurance Jobs. Also, here is a link to All Insurance Jobs. Or if you prefer, back to the hub; our Home page.
Additional resource links for Greater Des Moines, IA and Wikipedia.