Mid America Search - the Insurance Recruiter. And one of the world's best Insurance Recruiters.
Should you have an interest in this Job, please note the Title and Job# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
Sr. Actuarial Technician
Location: Des Moines, IA
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred in Mathematics, Actuarial Science or related technical field.
Other Requirements: Include:
- Life insurance and/or annuity product knowledge is required.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years in the financial services industry with 3 years in life insurance.
- Able to perform in a fast-paced production environment while addressing multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Familiarity with Insurance administration systems, compensation systems and producer web sites.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Proficient with database structures and tables, spreadsheet applications and working knowledge of Visual Basic or related applications.
- Must be extremely detail oriented, analytical and be able handle multiple projects.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to proactively identify issues and to influence key project decisions to achieve desired outcomes.
- Be able to work independently and be able to operate efficiently in unpredictable and challenging project environments.
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels of the organization in both technical and business areas successfully.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with CRM tools.
Salary Range: around $100k DOE + 15% bonus
Description: This is one of the many actuary jobs Mid America Search has. This job’s responsibility is to provide expert product advice/support in the process of implementing new products or any enhancements to existing products. This would include developing product specifications, product supporting tools and administrative system verification. The Sr. Actuarial Technician job will be part of the product development organization reporting to the AVP of Product Development. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Product Development Support: 45%
Work with the Product Development, Pricing Team, and Sales to ensure that new products or any enhancements are correctly documented and supporting tools provided in order to implement on administrative and illustration systems properly. Such work could include:
- Develop product and rider specifications.
- Develop checking tools & calculators used to support product/riders.
- Develop contract summaries.
- Provide support in drafting contracts and riders.
- Provide support with monthly rate setting reports/heatmaps.
- Administrative System: 45%
Work with the Administrative System personnel to ensure that new products or any enhancements are correctly implemented on the system. Such work could include:
- Advising on plan setup.
- Advising on test plans.
- Validation of test results.
- Error resolution.
- Illustration Software: 5%
- Provide input on product and product feature test scenarios.
- Provide assistance in testing the product and product features.
- Sales Management Reporting and Tools: 5%
- Support external and internal sales management reporting on an automated and ad hoc basis.
- Provide back up support for automated and ad hoc sales report.