Should you have an interest in this Job, please note the Title and Job# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
Actuarial Associate/Managing Actuary - Health Development
Education Requirements: Degree preferred.
Other Requirements: Include:
- ASA or FSA. (No career ASA’s).
- Attainment of ASA with the completion of 6 to 8 exams.
- Ability to take on leadership role and manage Actuary Students.
- Model development.
- Thorough actuarial background, as well as thorough background in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Economics and/or Computer Science.
- Aptitude for statistical interpretation, a working knowledge of advanced actuarial assumptions and formulae and accounting practices.
- Thorough financial background.
- Strong oral and written communication and human relations skills.
- Product and industry knowledge.
- Experience in the development of financial reports.
- Knowledge of personal computer applications used for analysis.
- May require the ability to teach or foster development in others.
Salary Range: $100k+ Negotiable DOE
Description: Lead a small team of model developers to perform model development responsibilities for our Client’s actuarial functions across the health product lines. Provide quality assurance and oversight on the models, model changes, and processes that the team is responsible for, with a focus on operational excellence, process improvement, model transformation, governance, controls, efficiencies, model architecture, scalability, and documentation. Build strong collaborative relationships and communicate effectively with our Client’s partners across Financial Planning & Analysis, Valuation, Capital Management, I/S, and the actuarial teams within the SBUs to ensure team responsibilities are being met. Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Directly supervise a small team of model developers; including activities related to planning, organizing, and staffing. This includes assigning and checking work, conducting on-the-job training, completing performance appraisal(s) and providing coaching and feedback to actuarial staff.
- Analyzes financial and non-financial data to identify trends or indicators and makes recommendations related to management of the product or product grouping based on analysis of the results.
- Serves as actuarial project leader, responsible for project design, organization and coordination of all phases. Projects may be related to actuarial modernization, new product implementations, or incorporation of new regulatory or accounting changes.
- Oversee quarterly roll-forward and production run responsibilities, including the static and dynamic validations.
- Oversees development of detailed financial projections for Economic capital, asset liability management, cash flow testing, financial plan, economic value, and valuation.
- Develop and oversee change attribution process that quantifies impacts of all model changes across all actuarial functions.
- Member of change control committee that determines prioritization and approval of model change requests.
- Develop and enforce documentation standards to be utilized for models and processes to a degree such that parties unfamiliar with our Client’s processes or models can understand how process flow or how models operate.
- Risk Management; Identifies and assesses risk in actuarial responsibilities. Complies with actuarial standards of practice, precepts and enterprise risk management responsibilities. Supports enterprise wide risk management initiatives.
- Assists in developing and maintaining an engaged and accountable workforce and maintaining a fair and equitable working environment.