Should you have an interest in this Job, please note the Title and Job# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
VP, Life & Annuity Marketing
Location: Baltimore, MD or Des Moines, IA
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related degree.
Other Requirements: Include:
- 10+ years of leadership experience in insurance marketing preferred. Related marketing experience with financial services would be considered as well.
- 5+ years management experience.
- Demonstrated strategic experience in developing, implementing and optimizing integrated marketing plans.
- Exposure to marketing to IMOs highly desirable.
- Thought leadership: idea generation and problem-solving approaches that result in beneficial impact to business; handle complex decisions effectively.
- Strong communication skills: writing, speaking, visual presentations, discernment and prioritization.
- Experienced in electronic media and state of the art graphic design principles.
- Financial Services knowledge; insurance industry preferred.
- Creative and inquisitive thinker.
- Demonstrated leadership skills working within a multi-functional financial services environment to develop and deliver marketing collateral that meets legal and compliance standards and fulfills needs for distribution partners to sell our Client’s products.
- Aptitude to learn key product capabilities and incorporate into effective marketing approaches.
- Must have excellent listening skills to discern most important aspects of requests submitted for design/marketing support.
- Must support, implement and enforce overall brand standards, coach others as needed.
- Must be detail-oriented with proficient organization skills.
- Must work in a collaborative environment and take direction from many individuals at the same time based on project demand.
- Knowledge of graphic design software is an advantage (not required).
Salary Range: $200k to $230k DOE + 30% annual bonus and eligibility for LTI
Description: Our Client, a leading provider of annuities and life insurance, is seeking a Marketing Vice President to lead their strategic marketing initiatives, brand implementation and support of their distribution partners. The successful candidate should have proven marketing leadership competency and demonstrated success in the financial services industry for a wide array of marketing and analytic-based disciplines including marketing strategy, branding, web and app designs, print advertising, collateral design/production and targeted messaging. This role will interface closely with the sales, product and legal teams to define and deliver marketing plans to support the overall growth objectives. This job will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Marketing, Investor Relations and Communications. The individual will lead our Client’s marketing team to enable the business to achieve its distribution and product launch goals as well as support other key business functions with branded collateral and messaging. Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Define cohesive marketing strategy, incorporating the new brand and supporting business growth objectives.
- Assess and leverage market and competitive insights to refine marketing plans.
- Provide marketing support to expand sales in the Independent Marketing Organizations channel, with both current and new distribution partners.
- Support launch of new channels: banks, broker-dealers and others.
- Support launch of new products and product enhancements, partnering with product development to understand the details and advantages of each product.
- Incorporate and develop industry best practices to market products, service and company.
- Develop multi-faceted marketing approach (print, email, web, social media, traditional media) with continuity throughout.
- Lead marketing efforts for design, content and delivery of all branded communications.
- Foster creative culture that strives for continuous improvement and welcomes and offers feedback thus enabling best-in-class output of content, designs and plans.
- Drive innovation in communications, employ engaging storytelling coupled with forward-thinking designs and approaches to maximize business impact.
- Lead marketing competitive assessment efforts.
- Develop and implement competitive social media strategy to support distribution partners, enhance brand value and support recruiting.
- Drive team skills development and engagement including product knowledge, consumer needs/trends and distribution requirements.
- Partner with other key leaders to ensure alignment on deliverables.
- Define vendor engagement strategy to support marketing and business growth objectives.
- Manage budget and expenses to deliver on objectives and commitments.
- Brand Standards and Guidelines: Lead the implementation of our Client’s brand guidelines across all branded collateral for the company voice and tone as well as look and feel:
- Marketing print collateral.
- Digital collateral: agent site, policyholder portal, web, intranet, social media, email communications.
- HR, recruiting and community support communications.
- Electronic and print design and production: versed in the entire process including development of the initial creative strategy to creative concept to materials fulfillment.