Should you have an interest in this Job, please note the Title and Job# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
VP & Actuary Medicare Advantage
Location: NE or Remote
Other Requirements: Include:
- FSA plus thoroughly seasoned health insurance actuarial background.
- Ability to incorporate actuarial expertise with the creativity necessary to effectively design and critique new insurance products.
- Strong leadership, communication and human relations skills.
- 5+ years of experience in Medicare Advantage insurance with a proven track record of success.
- Experience with Medicare Advantage insurance bid pricing and financial forecasting.
- Creativity, awareness of emerging environmental and industry trends, and strong problem-solving abilities using business oriented solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills and ability to influence stakeholders and build relationships internally and externally at multiple levels.
- Ability to communicate insights in a compelling and informative manner.
- Ability to clearly express ideas, direction, methodology, results and recommendations both verbally and in writing to peers, management and partners.
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities while working in a collaborative team environment.
- 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
Salary Range: $180k or higher DOE. Bonus 35% and LTIP at 15%.
Description: Our Client is looking for a motivated, experienced actuary with a passion for transforming the healthcare delivery system and perfecting member experience. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help build a new and innovative Medicare Advantage insurance product to drive better quality and more affordable care for members. The VP & Actuary role provides leadership for strategy and execution to meet segment objectives. This role may manage an area of professionals to meet company goals while maintaining actuarial professional standards. Effectively communicates financial results and strategies to Senior Leadership. Manages, directs and controls the activities that ensure efficient, effective product development including adequate product rates for company marketing and service efforts. Provides leadership and direction for valuation, capital management, risk and other departments in the company. Additionally, this role is responsible for deepening customer understanding and maturing the customer experience practice within the business segment. Position will report to SVP Senior Health Solutions. Essential job functions are:
- Directs monitoring and financial analysis of insurance product line profitability (GAAP, value-added, statutory, etc.) as a result of the implementation of product pricing strategies for assigned product lines. Provide recommendations and report findings and business projections to senior management.
- Directs all actuarial assumptions while valuing or projecting various product lines. Drive growth and differentiation through the design, development and implementation of new products (product lines specific to department) that satisfy marketing objectives and are actuarially sound to support short and long-term profit objectives of the Client.
- Oversees the investigation of profit and financial problems and opportunities as they relate to assigned product lines of our Client to contribute to achievement of revenue and product line profitability goals with minimum adverse effect on third parties.
- Determines product line ability to respond to and expected financial impact of new challenges brought about by pending regulatory changes, including state and federal reform.
- Monitors, facilitates and controls corrective actions with respect to product experience to contribute to achievement of revenue and product line profitability goals with minimum adverse effect on customers and producers.
- Remains current on new insurance products, procedures and regulatory reforms by actively participating in industry professional groups and various company and state-sponsored committees.
- Supports the execution of segment analytics vision and strategy, in alignment with insights, analytics and customer experience leadership across the enterprise. Collaborates to support enterprise data strategy.
- Assesses and illustrates tradeoffs between customer value and satisfaction and company value/financial performance metrics.
- Supports, advocates and contributes to maturation of customer experience practice within segment.
- Works effectively with corporate partners to execute segment strategy and add customer value.