Should you have an interest in this Position, please note the Title and Position# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
Associate Pricing Analyst
Location: Des Moines, IA
Education Requirements: Four-year college degree in finance, actuarial science, statistics or related business field.
Other Requirements: Include:
- 3 to 5 years underwriting or actuarial experience required.
- Experience in insurance or financial services industry required, experience in employee benefit market space a plus.
- Familiarity with insurance reserving and product/rate filings a plus.
- Knowledge in the area(s) of reserving, mathematics, statistics and data analysis.
- Knowledge of insurance and/or financial services, knowledge of employee benefit industry a plus.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Strong business acumen and decision-making skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
- Ability to balance the need for attention to detail while maintaining a focus on broader business implications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines and work well independently.
- Strong organizational skills, strong multi-tasking skills, initiative to learn and apply information quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Must be results-oriented.
- Strong computer skills; exceptional skills with the MS Office suite of products.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management and possess superior interpersonal skills.
Salary Range: $63k to $70k DOE + 15% bonus.
Description: The Associate Pricing Analyst is responsible for providing consultation to stakeholders on research expansion and diversification initiatives. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Pulls data from relevant databases and other sources and conducts analysis of data to identify trends and variances in revenue and losses. This includes creating, managing and providing projection reports.
- Utilizes underwriting model and guidelines to rate new and existing business.
- Provides qualitative and quantitative analyses to make recommendations for changes in how our Client underwrites, distributes, markets, and sells their products.
- Participates in the reserve analysis and quarterly reserve setting.
- Produces detailed client level reporting.
- Provides material support for expansion and diversification initiatives.
- Conducts research and studies to identify areas that could present opportunities.
- Provides cross-functional consultation to advance company initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.