Should you have an interest in this Position, please note the Title and Position# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
Annuity Lead Actuary (ASA/FSA)
Education Requirements: Degree preferred.
Other Requirements: Include:
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Attainment of ASA with the completion of 6 to 8 exams.
- Thorough actuarial background, as well as thorough background in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Economics and/or Computer Science.
- Aptitude for statistical interpretation, a working knowledge of advanced actuarial assumptions and formulae and accounting practices.
- Thorough financial background.
- Strong oral and written communication and human relations skills.
- Product and industry knowledge, Annuity experience preferred.
- Experience in the development of financial reports.
- Knowledge of personal computer applications used for analysis.
- May require the ability to teach or foster development in others.
Salary Range: Negotiable
Description: This position provides advanced rating, pricing and analytical actuarial support to contribute to effective product management and development for annuity products. The individual in this positon contributes to the measurement and achievement of Corporate profit, growth, information and planning objectives through effective supervision, direction, development and reporting of research or other actuarial information. This job posting is reflective of the Actuarial Associate essential functions and qualifications. The Managing Actuary level has variable essential functions and qualifications. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family. Essential job functions include:
- Assists the officer, manager or supervisor in planning, organizing, staffing, and/or leading staff. This includes assigning and checking work, conducting on-the-job training, and providing input for performance appraisal(s) of entry level actuarial staff. In some areas, may directly supervise a group of actuarial staff in the execution of specific projects and tasks.
- Analyzes financial and non-financial data to identify trends or indicators and makes recommendations related to management of the product or product grouping based on analysis of the results.
- Serves as actuarial project leader, responsible for project design, organization and coordination of all phases. Projects may be related to product development, morbidity and mortality tables, financial results, premiums, persistency, or other matters.
- May have an opportunity to prepare actuarial memoranda on policies for distribution to other departments or state insurance departments, subject to approval by senior actuaries.
- Conducts special analytical projects related to the management of both financial and non-financial aspects of the annuity product or product grouping.
- Creates and develops detailed financial projections for product development efforts, annual business plan, and quarterly business review.
- Reviews product specifications and develops cost and schedule also assists in the cost/benefit analysis of changes during product detailed design or implementation.
- Assesses financial impact of compliance changes and other environmental factors impacting the product or product groups. Also, tracks product expense experience against the initial budget projections/expense allowables.
- Risk Management; Identifies and assesses risk in actuarial responsibilities. Complies with actuarial standards of practice, precepts and enterprise risk management responsibilities. Supports enterprise-wide risk management initiatives.
- Assists in developing and maintaining an engaged and accountable workforce and maintaining a fair and equitable working environment.
- This position is in a fast-paced, high volume environment with set production goals.