Should you have an interest in this Position, please note the Title and Position# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
AVP or VP Actuary, Head of Modeling
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent.
Other Requirements: Include:
- FSA with 10+ years of actuarial experience (or ASA with 12+ years of experience).
- 7+ years of MG-ALFA experience, will consider combination of other actuarial software.
- Prior experience managing an actuarial team.
- FSA, MAAA or ASA, MAAA.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents from regulatory agencies, and other members of the business community.
- Ability to write memorandums conformed to prescribed style and format.
- Effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced mathematical concepts and theory.
- Apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Work cooperatively and successfully with co-employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
- Successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Able meeting defined financial reporting deadlines in often shifting priorities and an unpredictable workflow.
- Position requires regular meetings with Senior Management team as well as with outside consultants, vendors and reinsurance companies.
Salary Range: $160k to $200k DOE
Description: Our Client is actively seeking an experienced Actuary to join its team. The candidate will lead the Modeling team and have the necessary skills to implement a best practice model governance framework. This position will have responsibility over the company’s corporate MG-ALFA model which is used across numerous Actuarial reporting functions. This position will have supervisory responsibilities to be determined with input from the candidate in this position. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage a team focused on model development and production in MG-ALFA.
- Creates and maintains the Company’s Corporate Model.
- Consistently meet deadlines required for financial reporting by a public company.
- Lead internal committees to facilitate MG-ALFA change management process.
- Oversight of all MG-ALFA models used in production.
- Responsible for implementing model changes in MG-ALFA with leading practices around model documentation.
- Partner with IT to effectively bring data to MG-ALFA in a controlled and well-organized process.
- Communicate frequently with internal and external auditors on complete and accurate controls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.