Should you have an interest in this Job, please note the Title and Job# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
Senior Actuary, MG-ALFA Model Steward
Location: Greater Des Moines, IA
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university.
Other Requirements: Include:
- FSA or ASA.
- Minimum 6 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information to management.
- Can work with mathematical concepts.
- Ability to create and maintain sophisticated financial models.
- Ability to apply mathematical applications to tasks.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Apply mathematical concepts and theories in non-conventional/nontraditional-academic manners; outside-the-box flexible analysis.
- Can provide discussion and explanation of complex concepts.
- Work cooperatively and successfully with co-employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
- Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Technical skills: MG-ALFA, SQL, Access, Excel, VBA.
Salary Range: Negotiable
Description: Function as the model steward for the MG-ALFA software system utilized by our insurance company Client. Responsible for the Actuarial Department’s model validation and model governance. No supervisory responsibilities are required for this position. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Analyze the impact of new MG-ALFA releases.
- Gather and maintain a testbed of models from all MG-ALFA users.
- Gather desired coding changes from MG-ALFA users. Code changes in a test environment and gauge the impact on the model testbed. Create and maintain documentation of testing and results.
- Roll out model MG-ALFA changes in a controlled manner.
- Create and maintain a listing of all Actuarial models. Work with model owners to develop a model validation testing plan and ensure compliance with the Actuarial Model Validation Policy. Document findings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.