Should you have an interest in this Position, please note the Title and Position# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
Sr. Actuarial Associate, Life Product Development
Location: NE or IL
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in actuarial science or related field.
Other Requirements: Include:
- Pursuing actuarial designation and has completed at least two actuarial exams, 3 or more preferred.
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience.
- Solid interpersonal skills in order to work well in a team environment.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Advanced quantitative and analytical skills, with strong detail orientation.
- Advanced knowledge of financial analysis.
- Strong Microsoft application skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Proven organizational and project management skills, including excellent time management and ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
Salary Range: $90k to $120k DOE
Description: Our Client is looking for a Life Product Development Senior Actuarial Associate. This role supports all aspects of the product development process including actuarial projections, rate determination, state filing, actuarial memos, regulatory compliance, testing accuracy of technology output. Additional responsibilities will include assignments of leadership and/or participation in other financial actuarial topics including actuarial projection software platform transition and upcoming regulatory changes impacting life product development. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist with rate determination for new life products.
- Maintain, run, and analyze actuarial projection models.
- Assist with state filing of contracts including contract development, regulatory compliance, and actuarial memos.
- Assist with development, review, and testing of technology requirements for new products.
- Prepare and/or review product development documentation.
- Collaborate and be an engaged contributor on cross functional product development projects.
- Ensure appropriate model controls and utilize appropriate peer review and functional review of model data; adhere to established governance processes and guidelines.
- Support recurring reporting of profitability metrics to senior management.
- Support annual financial plan processes including updating actuarial projections and analysis of output.
- Support effort for product changes related to implementation of the 2017 CSO and Principles Based Reserves.
- Support effort related to actuarial software platform transition.