Should you have an interest in this Position, please note the Title and Position# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
Actuary, LTC Modeling & Valuation Lead
Location: NE or Remote
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, and/or related field.
Other Requirements: Include:
- Minimum Qualifications:
- ASA required, plus an ongoing commitment to attain FSA.
- 5+ years of related actuarial experience.
- Good business judgment to identify experience trends and issues requiring modification in standard approaches or need to elevate risk concerns.
- Creativity, awareness of emerging environmental and industry trends, and strong problem solving abilities using business oriented solutions.
- Ability to work across multiple teams.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and human relations skills.
- Actuarial modeling expertise and/or modeling software experience.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of Long Term Care products and markets.
- Experience with valuation and modeling for Long Term Care or similar products.
- Proficiency with MG ALFA and ARCVAL.
Salary Range: $85k to $145k + up to 20% Bonus, DOE
Description: Our Client, an A+ AM Best organization, is seeking a self-motivated leader to join their corporate modeling and valuation team who enjoys achieving results while working in a collaborative environment. Specifically, this individual will lead our Client’s modeling and valuation efforts for their large and growing block of long term care business. This Description is reflective of the Actuarial Associate essential functions and qualifications. The Managing Actuary level has variable essential functions and qualifications. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of key metrics and reporting to enhance management’s understanding of the business.
- Execute activities related to the quarterly valuation of liabilities and effectively communicate results to management.
- Progressively develop our Client’s modeling capabilities to support cash flow testing, annual plan development, and determination of economic capital.
- Identify and implement process improvements that will reduce risk and increase efficiency in the execution of both recurring and ad hoc tasks.
- Collaborate with the product team to identify opportunities to advance the competitiveness of our Client’s products in the market.
- Partner with the claims management team to drive a deeper understanding of claim trends and their implications for the business.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and actuarial practice guidelines.
- Effectively coach and develop staff in support of the above efforts and contribute to the overall development of the broader corporate modeling and valuation team.