Should you have an interest in this Job, please note the Title and Job# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
Data Analyst, Investments
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting, MIS or Business Administration.
Other Requirements: Include:
- Ability to analyze financial documentation and turn into concise data points, develop procedures and communicate detail in both verbal and written form.
- Previous Investment Operations experience.
- A high level of computer literacy and familiarity with electronic office and industry tools.
- The mind-set to see through to conclusion specific tasks ensuring deadlines and quality standards are met.
- The ability to work well as part of a team and with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of SQL and Bloomberg.
- Evident interpersonal, organizational, administrative and problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge of industry data repositories, Crystal, Business Objectives, Access, DWH solutions, ETL solutions preferred.
Salary Range: Negotiable
Description: The Data Analyst, Investments is the data context expert for Investments and ensures data accuracy through ensuring quality, reliability and availability of investment related data. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of standardized procedures for supporting the data management and data governance function according to best practices and industry standards.
- Assist in managing vendor relationships for data and ensuring optimization of feeds.
- Performs the day-to-day operational maintenance of data; input, manipulation, and exception reporting.
- Work with business unit personnel, members of Investment Accounting, Investments, Operations, data and outsourced vendors, Procurement, and IT to develop best practices around data management and governance.
- Establishes regular data validation processes to ensure data integrity and recommends new reports, feeds, and processes to support the business model.
- Manage workflow with respect to data needs for audits and other business processes that require deadlines, such as trading and month end.
- Assist in daily data and or operations processes as well as projects, research and analytical/quantitative analysis.
- Assist front office by reviewing and analyzing data for completeness, validity and reasonableness.
- Provide advice and technical support and understand downstream impacts of data processes.
- Prepare periodic reports for management.