Should you have an interest in this Position, please note the Title and Position# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
Investment Operations Manager
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree with emphasis in Finance, Economics or Business Administration.
Other Requirements: Include:
- 7+ years in Investment Operations either in an individual contributor or management role.
- Ability to analyze financial documentation, develop procedures and communicate detail in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to lead and prioritize a team with multiple functions.
- A high level of computer literacy and familiarity with electronic office and industry tools.
- The mind-set to see through to conclusion specific tasks ensuring deadlines and quality standards are met.
- Evident interpersonal, organizational, administrative and problem solving abilities.
- Experience within investment and accounting systems (Pam for Investments, Everest, Bloomberg AIM, Bond Edge, Intex) preferred.
- Experience with both insourced and outsourced operating models and vendor management preferred.
Salary Range: Negotiable
Description: The Investment Operations Manager will review and establish processes and controls to support the lifecycle of the investment for investment types on our Client’s book of business. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversees, develops and implements standardized procedures for supporting the lifecycle of an investment in addition to creating and validating methods needed to process and access trade specific information and documents according to best practices and industry standards.
- Responsible for management, oversight and completing cash positioning, cash forecasting, cash reconciliations, positon reconciliation, payment validation, ad hoc reporting and other items functions of the lifecycle as needed while staying current with market and best practices in the industry to facilitate operational activities. Manage coverage to support initiatives, allocation of resources, workflows and escalation.
- Direct, anticipate and provide solutions to the most complex business and operations problems. Strategize with technology to devise and implement solutions to drive better operational efficiencies. Analyze, review and/or prepare regulatory, compliance, management, analytical and ad hoc report requests from internal and external clients.
- Maintains an astute awareness of industry standards, best practices as to middle/back office operations and systems used. Establish, analyze, review and maintain sound controls to support client and regulatory needs. Establish accurate, efficient and effective financial reporting and control functions. Keep current on new industry initiatives and represent the company as a subject matter expert as needed.
- Collaborates with clients, custodians, brokers, industry contacts and internal service partners such as Front Office, Investment Accounting, IT, Treasury and outsource providers to ensure efficient and timely transmission of complete data.
- Leads, assists and implements strategic and business as usual projects with various stakeholders.
- Advise and consult with business unit personnel which may include front office, internal and external business partners regarding complex strategies and/or products traded. Perform research and/or quantitative analysis that will allow market requirements to be shared with business groups.
- Develops and leads a team of professionals by hiring and retaining qualified professional staff, establishing and managing performance expectations, mentoring and coaching behaviors, driving results, establishing a plan that aligns with the strategic direction and communicating effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide technical expertise to investment professionals.