Life Underwriting Specialist job with our Client, a growing Dallas, Texas, based Life Insurance Company. Above all, the underwriting specialist will serve as the in-house expert on underwriting matters across all lines of business. Do you have 5-10 years of small-face amount life insurance underwriting experience, with an emphasis on simplified issue, rules-based processes? Then, apply now for this exciting Life Underwriting Specialist job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2873.
Primary Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Above all, provide excellent agent support and education related to underwriting and risk selection questions.
- Most noteworthy, review, evaluate, and make final determination on appealed simplified issue cases.
- Furthermore, serve as an in-house resource for marketing and sales staff regarding declined applications.
- Also, audit underwriting results by line of business; make recommendations to management regarding modification to application questions and/or processes.
- Work with outside vendors on the setup, tuning, and coding of underwriting tools such as Milliman Intelliscript and IRIX.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for MIB, including Plan F hits, various audit requirements, and annual attestations.
- Also, submit, maintain, and ensure that all applications for insurance meet the approval requirements of outside vendors.
- Coordinate the submission of proof-of-authorizations for quarterly Milliman Intelliscript and IRIX audits.
- Maintain the prescription drug list; work with Medical Director on classification and coding of new medications and/or medications where the clinical purposes has changed.
- Furthermore, assist with the creation and tuning of underwriting questions in accordance with pricing objectives set by the actuarial team.
- Finally, think strategically on how underwriting can become a unique differentiator rather than a mundane requirement.
Education and Experience
- Above all, 5-10 years of small-face amount life insurance underwriting experience, with an emphasis on simplified issue, rules-based processes
- Most noteworthy, experience with MIB and Milliman Intelliscript / IRIX products, including calibration
- Furthermore, strong analytical ability
- Detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Finally, LOMA or other related life insurance or underwriting course work a plus