Exciting Life Pricing Actuary job with leading Reinsurer! Our Client stresses high performance and collaboration. Furthermore, they value intelligence, creativity and curiosity as well as humility. As a result, their employees work together without ego to create value for the company. Due to this, they revolutionize the life and health insurance space. Above all, our Client delivers expert global solutions in individual life reinsurance. Most noteworthy, this Client’s mission is to enhance their customer’s prosperity. Hence, Pricing Actuary will support their customer’s financial and risk management capabilities. Pricing Actuary job is in Missouri. Salary is negotiable. Apply now for this exciting Life Pricing Actuary job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2846.
The Life Pricing Actuary develops pricing and risk analysis. First of all, works with Non-traditional opportunities within US Mortality Market. Also, the Pricing Actuary completes thorough analysis on information provided by counterparties. Furthermore, will lead projects. Works with applicable internal departments to create pricing models. May present to Executive Counsel, Board Members, and leaders of other business lines. Most noteworthy, represent the company to external clients. Finally, performs appropriate review and/or development of financial projections for potential transactions.
The Essential Functions
- First of all, Pricing Actuary provides pricing and risk analysis for US Mortality Markets non-traditional reinsurance transactions.
- Lead and participate in special projects, committees, meetings and client presentations.
- Direct development, develops and/or reviews financial models of reinsurance transactions.
- Also, set assumptions based on thorough risk analysis including experience analysis.
- Document the process of the pricing analysis. This includes assumptions used, experience analysis performed, results analysis and peer review for presentation.
- As a result, work closely with internal actuarial teams to understand the risks and reinsurance needs.
- Furthermore, Pricing Actuary reviews treaty language pertaining to pricing analysis.
- Ensure work on Non-Traditional opportunities are aligned with Company’s pricing standards.
- Provide pricing and product information to unit’s administration.
- Above all, foster a positive and engaged work environment.
- Finally, performs other duties as required
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- FSA accreditation
- 7+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance and/or reinsurance
- Member, American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA)
- Advanced actuarial technical skills
- Furthermore, advanced knowledge of life insurance products and the external market
- Intermediate PC skills and intermediate understanding of actuarial systems. This includes spreadsheet, database, and actuarial projection tools (AXIS, TAS, ALFA, MoSes)
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of reinsurance concepts and methods
- Advanced ability to model various insurance products and reinsurance structures
- Intermediate ability to challenge and enhance analytical capabilities
- Intermediate understanding of GAAP, statutory and tax accounting and reporting
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received
- Also, advanced investigative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expert ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Advanced skills in customer relationship management and change management
- Highly advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Advanced ability to manage many projects and/or teams.
- Furthermore, advanced ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of disciplines
- Advanced persuasion and negotiation skills when working with internal/external customers
- Most noteworthy, advanced presentation skills
- Adaptable, self-starting, and team-oriented
- Finally, must be able to travel as required
- Advanced knowledge of AXIS
- Familiarity with database applications
- Advanced life insurance and/or reinsurance industry and product knowledge
- Finally, advanced acquisition accounting knowledge