The Life Insurance Underwriter is a junior-level underwriter for our Client. Moreover, the individual is fully trained with a minimum of two years of underwriting or related experience. Furthermore, they will approve cases up to a specific standard and substandard limits. Salary is $60,000 to $80,800 Negotiable DOE. This job’s location is Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas. Apply now for this excellent job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2952.
Duties and Responsibilities for Life Insurance Underwriter
- Underwrite individual life insurance applications, within guidelines set for the issuance of policies on a standard or substandard basis.
- Furthermore, determine whether to accept, modify or decline a risk through evaluation of an individual’s medical history or physical condition, occupational hazards, financial background, insurable interest, and other information pertinent to the decision.
- Also, they will contact the field force to gather information on which to base decisions.
- Consult with superiors or medical department concerning any questionable medical or personal situations.
- In addition, superiors review cases requiring higher ratings or amounts in excess of prescribed limits.
Required Skills and Abilities for Life Insurance Underwriter
- Analytical skills and computational aptitude.
- Furthermore, possess sound judgement.
- Also, has negotiation and interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience for Life Insurance Underwriter
- Minimum 2 years of underwriting or related experience.
- Furthermore, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- In addition, fluent in English and Spanish, a plus.
- Moreover, complete LOMA’s Certificate in Underwriting.
Here is a link to All Insurance Jobs. Or if you prefer, back to the hub; our Home page.
Additional resource links for Dallas-Fort Worth, TX and Wikipedia