Life & Annuity Product Specialist position is a key contributor to product development and sales distribution, with an emphasis on competitive intelligence gathering and reporting. Above all, will analyze competitors’ life insurance and annuity products, and sales, web sites, and illustrative capabilities. Most noteworthy, this position is responsible for creating timely and comprehensive competitive intelligence information for senior management, product development team, sales and other audiences as needed. Apply now for this exciting Life Annuity Specialist job by clicking on the Apply Now green button above! This is Job 2858.
Our Client, a family of insurance companies, is committed to helping Americans prepare for and live comfortably in their retirement. Most noteworthy, through its subsidiaries, our Client is a leading provider of annuity and life insurance products. Above all, they offer annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking safety, protection and income solutions to meet their needs.
In 2019, our Client received a Top Workplace award, which they credit to their shared values: Collaborative, Authentic, Dynamic and Empowered. Most noteworthy, they continue to build and strengthen the company, while being a great place to work. So, we help to recruit talented and committed individuals to join our Client’s team, and they provide opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
Competitive Research/ Analysis
- Competitive Research/ Analysis
- First of all, research, monitor, and track competitors’ life insurance and annuity products and pricing. Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis leading to an improved understanding of marketing and distribution implications. Provide timely competitive information and analysis to support the development of new products and features and the sales team.
- Second, monitor competitor product changes and alert sales teams to pertinent changes in the market.
- Most noteworthy, produce accurate and useful competitive resources/documentation. Hence, collect and organize information in clear, concise written documents.
- Also, timely update and distribution of department competitive information grids, reports and presentations including the rate setting material.
- Hence, maintain a strong understanding of competitor products and positioning.
- Also, identify internal and external sources and obtain relevant hard and soft data to support analyses, often through application of computer skills.
- Effectively communicate competitive information to all necessary parties. Preparing written and oral presentations to management.
- Monitor competitor agency ratings and related financials and report changes as and when relevant.
- Furthermore, maintain relationships with established vendors and industry counterparts.
- Finally, attend and present at relevant industry conferences as company representative.
Product Development and Marketing/Sales Support
- Develop presentation tools for sales using research data.
- Above all, maintain the ability to obtain state filings of competitor’s products.
- Also, ensure company participation in all relevant industry survey and competitive intelligence/ research initiatives.
- Furthermore, provide accurate monthly life and annuity product comparison reports, graphs, rates and competitor life illustrations for industry benchmarking.
- Finally, compile and distribute accurate company sales data monthly and quarterly to external sales data vendors for financial reporting purposes. Data is collected using various data cubes, reports and queries.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Above all, a minimum of three years of work experience in with life insurance and annuity product competitive research.
- Also, insurance or financial institutions industry experience required.
- Most noteworthy, life insurance and annuity product knowledge is required.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint experience
Job skills and Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proven experience in presenting ideas to key contributors throughout an organization
- Strong analytical skills (attention to detail, ability to create detailed reports and run analyses)
- Ability to visualize and/or contribute to the presentation of an idea or project (from concept and design to presentation)
- Strong project management, organization and follow up skills. Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Industry knowledge (understand sales, distribution, and regulatory matters)
- Experience with illustration reports and, or systems.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with peers and supervisors within and across organizational lines.
- Ability to quickly adapt and adjust to change
- Results rather than task orientation