A Licensing & Contracting Specialist is one of the first points of contact an advisor, and their firm will have with our Client. This interaction sets the tone for the level of service an advisor can come to expect from our Client. This individual will be the point person for advisors as they get licensed in new states and contracted with carriers through our Client’s platform. Managing licensing & contracting for new and existing advisors is a vital part of operations. A Licensing & Contracting Specialist will work with insurance carriers, advisors, and other business partners to make the licensing & contracting process as efficient as possible. Do you have the Licensing & Contracting experience to help grow our Client? If so, apply now for this job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2833.
- Above all, primary owner for resolving any open issues related to licensing & contracting from the moment the agent starts the onboarding process with our Client.
- Furthermore, review and process new contracting requests for our Client as well as those coming in from advisors.
- Confirm that contracting paperwork has been completed properly and is in good order prior to submission to the carrier.
- Confirm that product training has been completed properly and is in good order prior to the new business being submitted to the carrier.
- Communicate with carriers to monitor and expedite the contracting/appointment process.
- Maintain licensing and contracting records and statuses in our Client’s internal systems and SureLC.
- Maintain agent/agency address changes with carriers and within our Client’s internal systems.
- Manage Agent of Record changes for in force business.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the industry including carrier product training changes, carrier contracting requirements, and state licensing requirements.
- Develop relationships with key administrative and office support staff to facilitate proper business flow between various business units as well as third-party administrators.
- Finally, continuously find ways to improve business processes and licensing & contracting functions.
- Above all, more than 4 years of experience in the Insurance Industry.
- Experience working with SuranceBay’s SureLC platform.
- Also, strong communication skills with the ability to work with different personality types.
- Ability to take initiative and push projects and workflows forward.
- Furthermore, strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience working in a sales support team and/or other previous customer service experience required.
- Technologically proficient and knowledgeable.
- Ability to quickly learn new processes, procedures, and software tools.
- Finally, must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment, handle multiple tasks and projects as well as support inbound and outbound calls from producers and their upline.
Articles on how to work remote. How to (Actually) Save Time When You’re Working Remotely and Top 8 Remote Work Working Tips for Beginners