Mid America Search - the Insurance Recruiter. And one of the world's best Insurance Recruiters.
Should you have an interest in this Job, please note the Title and Job# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
Internal Auditor & Staff Accountant
Location: Dallas, TX
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
Other Requirements: Include:
- Experience in the life insurance industry preferred, performing audits and statutory accounting.
- Understanding of statutory accounting principles and statutory financial statement filings.
- Good organizational and referencing skills related to work papers, financial statements and schedules prepared.
- Excellent personal computer skills, including MS Office including Excel, Word, Outlook. Excel proficiency a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
Salary Range: $65k to $80k range DOE
Description: Our Client is a Dallas based provider of a wide range of life insurance, annuity, Medicare supplement, and critical illness products used to build and preserve the financial security of our Client’s policyholders. Our Client, a growing national life and annuity company with over $1 billion in assets and nearly 10,000 agents throughout the country, seeks an Internal Auditor & Staff Accountant. This job reports to the Controller. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Documenting, plan and execute company procedures and internal controls.
- Effectively conducting internal control, operational, financial, across various financial and operational areas throughout the company and third-party administrators.
- Evaluating the adequacy of internal controls and effectively communicating cost-effective, realistic solutions to control owners.
- Auditing accounting and other data of various departments to verify completeness and accuracy.
- Preparing summaries on the results of audits, assisting in identifying control gaps or other issues, and helping to develop process improvement recommendations.
- Contribute ideas that strengthen internal audit practices and other risk/control efforts.
- Perform other department and/or company-related assignments as assigned.
- Prepare or assist quarterly and annual statutory statements including schedules and exhibits prepared in accordance with statutory accounting principles (SAP).
- Assist in preparation of audited statutory financial statements including footnotes.
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations and analysis and research variances for resolution.
- Prepare and/or assist in creation of State Pages, State Premium Tax Returns, and other state regulatory filings.