Mid America Search - the Insurance Recruiter. And one of the world's best Insurance Recruiters.
Should you have an interest in this Job, please note the Title and Job# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
Senior Actuary Analyst, Long Term Care
Location: Eastern PA or Milwaukee/Chicago
Education Requirements: (See Other Requirements Below)
Other Requirements: Include:
- Master's Degree in Actuarial Science, Math or a closely related field, and 1 year professional actuarial experience; or a Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Math or closely related field and 5 years of progressive relevant actuarial experience.
- Experience to include extensive use of Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Successful completion of at least two levels of SOA exams.
- Ability to communicate at a high level.
Salary Range: Negotiable DOE
Description: This is one of the many actuary jobs Mid America Search has available. Our Client is a leading TPA managing over 1 million long term care insurance policies for the nation's largest insurers. It provides their clients with unique risk management insight built upon their proprietary long term care databases. The Senior Actuary Analyst assembles and analyzes more complex data to estimate probabilities of an event taking place, such as death, loss of ability to perform activities of daily living, or a nursing home confinement. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Use computer programming/computer skills to retrieve and summarize data needed to monitor emerging experience of LTC plans and develop forecasting assumptions.
- Create forecasting models using actuarial software.
- Analyze results of experience studies and forecasting models for reasonableness.
- Under supervision of Consulting Actuary, create actuarial statistical models based on billable client requests, and gather information from our Client's Information Technology, Claims and Finance Departments as necessary for completion of such projects.
- Prepare for actuarial exams in pursuit of ASA or FSA designation.