Our Client, who has the Insurance Staff Accountant job, is a highly rated and growing Texas based Life Insurance Company! Above all, our Client is a Dallas‐based provider of a wide range of life insurance, annuity, Medicare supplement, and supplemental health products used to build and preserve the financial security of their policyholders.
Ideal opportunity for individual looking to grow their career with a growing company. Moreover, the Insurance Staff Accountant job is open due to our Client’s growth. In addition, the Insurance Staff Accountant job will have duties that will enhance the individual’s career growth. The Insurance Staff Accountant job salary is $70K to $85K. This job requires working at the Dallas, TX headquarters. This is not a remote job. Apply now for this excellent Insurance Staff Accountant job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2953.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Record monthly journal entries using reports from third party administrators, internal resources, and systems.
- Furthermore, prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations and analysis to research variances for resolution.
- Record STAT and GAAP entries and accruals for quarterly and annual close as needed.
- In addition, assist in preparation of quarterly and annual statutory statements (Blue Books), including schedules and exhibits in accordance with statutory accounting principles (SAP).
- Assist in preparation of GAAP and STAT Audits.
- Also, prepare and/or assist in creation of State Pages, State Premium Tax Returns, and other state regulatory filings (Federal/State Income Tax Withheld, Unclaimed Property Filings, etc.).
- Moreover, contribute ideas that strengthen internal procedures and efficiencies.
- Perform other department and/or company-related assignments as needed.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar experience.
- Furthermore, 4+ years experience working in insurance companies required.
- Moreover, Life Company experience strongly preferred.
- In addition, experience preparing or reviewing Statutory Schedules & Exhibits preferred.
- Good organizational and referencing skills related to work papers, financial statements and schedules prepared.
- Also, excellent personal computer skills, including MS Office including Excel, Word, Outlook. Excel proficiency a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Here is a link to All Insurance Jobs. Or if you prefer, back to the hub; our Home page.
Additional resource links for Dallas, TX and Wikipedia