Insurance Software Product Vice President is unique opportunity! Our Client is an Alabama-based insurance software company serving the life and health insurance and annuity industry through its proprietary policy administration platform. Above all, they are helping insurance companies become more efficient and agile by embracing technology solutions. Furthermore, they are experts in the insurance industry and specialize in assisting their clients maximize the development of their products through their software platform. Also, they provide a proven policy administration system that services policies throughout the entire policy lifecycle. Join our Client in changing the insurance industry so all companies can be more agile and better serve their customers. Salary between $150,000 and $175,000 plus all normal benefits including medical, dental, life and matching 401K. Potential for bonus. Apply now for this exciting Insurance Software Product Vice President job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2869.
Our Client is looking to hire a Vice President of Product that is passionate about technology and insurance. This is an opportunity to join a bureaucracy-free, growing company whose products are used across the globe with world-class insurance companies. The role reports directly to the Chief System Architect and President.
- Oversee the design of database structures used by Client. The database design supports implementations in SQL Server, Oracle, and Appx.
- Lead and manage technology update sprints
- Design and monitor of System’s back-end processes, primarily using Appx tools
- Monitor System’s front-end processes, using a suite of appropriate web portal development tools
- Ensure the design for integration of System with a variety of external systems, applications, and services
- Also, ensure that System runs well on different operating system platforms, including Windows, Linux, Unix
- Furthermore, ensure that System moves forward with improvements in related software applications – SQL Server, Oracle, Appx, etc.
- Coordinate the ongoing improvement of the System User Interface, including parts done with Web Portal tools and parts done with Appx html5
- Publish and disseminate standards and procedures for System development, architecture diagrams, etc.
- Provide assistance to and coordinate with the System Business Owner.
- Contribute to defining the long term System technology roadmap and work with the System Business Owner on its deployment
- Furthermore, manage and contribute to various areas of System development / technical staff – internal or external resources
- Provide technology and product subject matter expertise in certain specific areas
- Security (at various levels), performance, scalability, reliability, and maintainability
- Finally, regularly review new and existing tools: approaches / automation for designing, developing, testing, and documenting System
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Above all, experience working with Agile and/or Scrum methodology strongly preferred.
- Furthermore, over 10 years leading product management and development in software, insurance, web, and data applications
- Also, at least 5 years’ experience managing product management teams
- Ability and experience to define and inspire teams across organizations around a clear vision and execution plan
- A proven track record of delivering complex initiatives working across multiple teams
- A strong business sense, an ability to relate priorities and work the business and customer needs, closely partnering with product team across MDI and customers
- Deep technology background and skills, in particular in SaaS and insurance areas demonstrating strong partnering with engineering and architecture teams
- Excellent collaboration skills — leading execution across teams, influencing across organizations, respected, experience of working across levels from engineers and designers to President
- Leading the way, proactively driving the vision and plan forward, staying ahead, pushing the team or starting new initiatives to innovate or to explore new ways of doing things
- Passion for the customer, both in terms of delivering awesome products and in imagining new ways to solve big customer problems
- Furthermore, help drive next generation User Experience (UX) in FIMMAS
- Finally, be a key contributor to overall FIMMAS strategy and plan, as well as cross MDI initiatives
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
- Masters in Business Administration and/or Advanced Technical Degree desired
- Insurance designations desired (e.g. FLMI, CLU, ChFC, CFA, CLTC, etc.)
- Above all, 10+ years of experience in a market-facing software and enterprise solutions product role.
- 10+ years of experience in Insurance or Financial Services industry preferred
- Finally, 5+ years of experience in the software development industry