Individual Disability Income Underwriter
Excellent Disability Income Underwriting opportunity. Our Client is a highly rated AM Best Life Insurance Company. Client provides life insurance, disability and critical illness insurance. Also, provides voluntary employee benefits through independent brokers nationwide. Furthermore, Client has assets of $2.5+ billion. Most noteworthy, Client may hire Senior level Underwriter or Underwriter. Individual Disability Income Underwriter will underwrite individual disability products. Also, will communicate with agents regarding new individual disability applications. One of the best remote Disability Underwriter Jobs. Yet, requires visit to home office quarterly. Salary Range: $51k to $77k. Apply now for this Individual Disability Income Underwriter job #2782.
The Essential Functions
First of all, Individual Disability Income Underwriter underwrites individual disability products. Also, communicates with agents regarding new individual disability applications and potential cases. Also, performs other functions. Furthermore, Individual Disability Income Underwriter duties and responsibilities include:
- 65% Underwrites individual disability products. This includes:
- First of all, determine risk classification according to medical, financial, occupational and avocational hazards.
- Also, determine product eligibility based on product guidelines.
- Furthermore, order and review underwriting requirements, as needed.
- Determine standard/substandard risks and eligibility.
- Most noteworthy, comply with IMSA and government regulations regarding replacements, anti-discrimination laws, confidentiality laws, HIV laws and MIB requirements.
- Also, review substandard, declines, or postponed applications with the Medical Director, Life Underwriting Manager, and Director of Life Underwriting.
- Finally, Senior Individual Disability Income Underwriter will review files for other underwriters. Provide advice on problem cases. Also, co-signatures on ratings and declines.
- 25% Communicates with agents, policyholders, reinsurance companies, and applicants. This is regarding underwriting action and guidelines. Most noteworthy, this includes:
- First of all, provides underwriting information over the phone.
- Also, prepares written correspondence to Field Force, reinsurance companies, and applicants.
- Also, advises agents regarding potential cases.
- Furthermore, reviews and prepares illustrations.
- Most noteworthy, meets with producers.
- 10% Performs other functions, which includes:
- Works on special projects.
- Also, assists in training of Underwriting Assistant
- Furthermore, participates on committees, teams and task forces.
- Provides product information to other divisions.
- Finally, keeps up-to-date with company and industry changes.
Required Education and Experience
First of all, requires Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent in related field.
Other Requirements for Individual Disability Income Underwriter Include:
- First of all, Insurance classes working towards FLMI affiliation.
- Most noteworthy, 2 to 8+ years of experience in Individual Disability Income underwriting. Job may be filled at Senior Level.
- Furthermore, professional oral and written communication skills.
- Also, Decision-making ability.
- Word processing and spreadsheet software proficiency.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with others.
- Most noteworthy: Values. Resourceful. Work intensity. Persuasion, Achiever. Command. Positive Attitude. Relationship-extension. Relationship builder. Exactness.
- Can assume job responsibilities and perform independently.
- Finally, willingness to work over 40-hour week when needed.