Financial Reporting Accountant, job available! Our Client invites applications for a Financial Reporting Accountant job. Use your analytical skills to complete accurate financial statements for our Client, its subsidiaries and related organizations, both according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Statutory Accounting Principles. Furthermore, you will analyze data to enhance the financial analysis and understanding of the Client. In addition, you will also be responsible for investment accounting for company investments. Salary is $85k to 90k. Apply now for this excellent Financial Reporting Accountant job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2918.
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities
- Uppermost, responsible for preparing various regulatory filings including the annual/quarterly statutory blanks, AM Best reporting, and certain schedules of the Form 990.
- Responsible for preparing financial surveys as required by our Client.
- Furthermore, responsible for completion of accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Statutory Accounting Principles.
- Responsible for preparing and analyzing the Risk-Based Capital of the company as required by the state Insurance Division.
- In addition, responsible for monitoring the cash positions of the company and reviewing the accuracy of cash transactions in the bank account.
- Assist with external audits including workpaper preparation and audit report preparation.
- Also, responsible for accounting understanding and performing accounting functions for company investments.
- Responsible for preparing various management reports to senior leadership and other target audiences as required.
- Responsible for updating claims payments to HDS and balancing cash received for the month.
- In addition, prepare cashflow projections for senior leadership. Review and analyze the data providing information to executive leadership with explanations of cash changes.
- Also, responsible for promoting the service quality efforts of the company and is committed to developing a team environment.
- Finally, perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with three or more years of relevant experience.
- Furthermore, familiarity with GAAP and SAP accounting principles as they relate to the insurance industry.
- Effective analytical skills and problem-solving capability.
- In addition, excellent verbal and written communication skills and human relation skills.
- High level of proficiency with query tools and Microsoft Office applications.
- Also, ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously.
- CPA certificate preferred.