Financial Analyst job with growing company! Above all, our Client is a new, innovative, independent marketing organization (IMO) partnering with a select group of financial advisors who have made the correct decisions to provide unbiased financial advice. Most noteworthy, they are building technology and gathering a group of industry experts to support these financial advisors in growing their independent financial practices. Furthermore, through their technology platform, best-in-class service, and industry experts, our Client is enabling these qualified professionals to better serve a greater number of clients as they scale their businesses. Salary is negotiable + options program + benefits. Work Remote. Salary target of $60-70k+. Negotiable depending on experience. Do you have the Financial Analyst experience to help grow our Client? If so, apply now for this job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2880.
Financial Analyst Position Summary
As a Financial Analyst, you will be a caretaker of our Client’s financial well-being and take an active role in reporting our Client’s financial health to key stakeholders. You will immediately take the lead in managing daily financial operations by supporting our commission advance
program, overseeing account payables and receivables, and developing processes to build a scalable organization. You will also play a key role in month-end close, preparing financial statements, and reporting financials/KPIs to lenders and investors on a regular basis. On top of
that, you will have opportunities to spread your financial wings into other areas of interest such as ERP implementation, budgeting and forecasting, financial analysis, technical accounting, managing third party consultants/auditors, and product development. The only guarantee at a high-growth start up is that the next month will bring something new!
Financial Analyst Responsibilities
- Above all, lead daily finance operations such AP/AR, commission payments, and cash flow management
- Work with our internal team and external bookkeeper to close the books on a monthly basis
- Take ownership of preparing financial reports, such as consolidated financial statements, periodic cash flow reports, and lender borrowing base reports
- Support the Director of Finance in compliance efforts including state registrations, annual reports, and tax filings
- Support the Director of Finance in managing advisor compensation packages
- Develop, document, and implement accounting policies & procedures as needed
- Support our development team and third party consultants during ERP implementation and continued optimization
- Support the broader team in tracking and reporting of KPIs
- Finally, other initiatives such as profitability analysis, budget vs actuals, and other insightful analysis.
- Above all, at least 2 years of relevant experience in public accounting, corporate accounting, finance, FP&A, or similar field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Finance, Accounting, Economics, etc.), or 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- Furthermore, strong grasp of GAAP & accrual accounting, CPA or other certifications are a plus.
- Also, independent operator with ability to take initiative and push projects and work flows forward.
- Analytical thinker with an ability to identify, assess, and remedy business challenges.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with different personality types.
- Comfortable working in a high-growth, venture backed environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new processes, procedures, and software.
- Finally, technologically proficient. Experience with Excel required, experience with Quickbooks or other accounting platforms is a plus.
Articles on how to work remote. How to (Actually) Save Time When You’re Working Remotely and Top 8 Remote Work Working Tips for Beginners