Exciting Consulting Health Actuary job! Join one of the leading experts in healthcare financing and delivery! Our Client advises clients on a wide range of issues. Medicare and Rx markets experience needed for this role. First of all, may be assessing the impact of healthcare reform on organizations or populations. Also, Consulting Health Actuary may consult on streamlining operations while advancing the quality of patient care. Above all, our Client’s Consultants have a powerful toolkit of data analytics solutions. These Toolkits are the most trusted, comprehensive set of cost guidelines in the industry. The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. Consulting Health Actuary has the option to work out of the Chicago or Milwaukee office. Apply now for Job 2845 at www.midamericasearch.com!
Consulting Health Actuary works to develop a successful client base. Above all, you will network, write articles, do speaking engagements, and other marketing. Furthermore, help to identify the issues clients are facing. Then, identify the resources needed to solve problems. Health Actuary Consultants help plan projects. Also, identify project deliverables, meet deadlines, and ensure compliance with quality procedures. Finally, present the results to the client and answer their questions.
The Essential Functions
Consultants, project managers, and analysts coordinate their efforts. Result is to deliver client reports and deliverables. Above all, Consulting Health Actuary is responsible for building relationships with clients, directing projects, and presenting results. Furthermore, Project managers work with the analysts. They review their work, answer questions, and develop client correspondence. Analysts are responsible for the majority of the technical work. This may include analyzing data. Also, completing actuarial calculations, developing and utilizing actuarial models, and implementing software solutions.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field
- Fellow in the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- Most noteworthy, 7+ years in health actuarial experience. Consulting firm or health insurance company experience.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Excel and actuarial concepts
- Experience mentoring staff and managing projects
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written). Strong analytical thinking skills to analyze results and best communicate them to clients
- Furthermore, Consulting Health Actuary needs to be self-motivated, creative, and resourceful
- Experience with Medicare Advantage programs, Medicaid programs. Commercial individual/group insurance, Pharmacy benefits, long term care, or provider risk-taking programs preferred.
- Finally, strong time management skills. Ability to work on own or with a team. Client focused and results oriented, and organizational expertise are also preferred.