AVP, Capital Management Analytics job! For over six decades our Client has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life’s unexpected events. Recognized as one of the state’s Top Workplaces our Client’s employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. Above all, our Client believes in an employee-centric flexible environment, which is why they offer the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements. Furthermore, the AVP, Capital Management Analytics job base salary is around $180k+ bonus + Long term incentive. Our Client’s location is Des Moines, Iowa. Importantly, this job is Remote or Hybrid. Apply now for this excellent AVP, Capital Management Analytics job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2914.
AVP Capital Management Analytics Summary
The AVP, Capital Management Analytics’ primary responsibility is to provide expertise and analysis to our Client’s Capital team. Uppermost, our Client is looking for exceptional talent with experience in asset and capital modeling, capital forecasting, and the ability to drive capital efficiency across the organization through ongoing optimization and structuring efforts. The AVP, Capital Management Analytics will be highly visible and will facilitate communications across departments, including Investments, Actuarial, Risk, and Finance. This individual will require strong communication skills and ability to influence/lead with or without direct authority. Moreover, the AVP, Capital Management Analytics will have the opportunity to interact directly and partner with senior leaders at all levels of the organization. The AVP, Capital Management Analytics will report to the VP, Capital & Ratings Management.
AVP Capital Management Analytics Duties and Responsibilities
- Above all, AVP Capital Management Analytics oversees the analytics function and process to assess the company’s capital position relative to NAIC, rating agency and other regulatory capital model requirements.
- Furthermore, ensure functionality and accuracy of the capital forecasting models, and understand their inputs, outputs, and key assumptions.
- Partner with individuals, including the leaders across the business, to provide analysis that is predictive, actionable, and impacts our Client’s ability to achieve results.
- In addition, proactively identify risks and opportunities for capital efficiency across various capital models.
- Also, provide financial modeling, financial analysis and valuation support for acquisitions, new product development, long-term contracts, and other ad-hoc financial projects.
- Partner with Investments and Actuarial teams for continuity on capital assumptions used in product pricing and investment strategies.
- And partner with ERM team on capital allocation for risk appetite and risk drivers, stress testing, and economic capital.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Actuarial, Business, or related field.
- Furthermore, 10 to 15+ years of professional finance experience in life insurance companies.
- In addition, 7 to 10+ years of experience in senior analytical role related to life insurance products.
Skills and Abilities
- Uppermost, strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Strong intuitive and analytical skills.
- Furthermore, expertise to improve analytical processes and utilize technology to make procedures and processes more efficient.
- Also, deep understanding of the rating agency capital models as well as economic capital models.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- FSA and/or CPA preferred.
- Furthermore, experience working with consultants on analytical process and system improvements.
- Importantly also, provide timely analysis and recommendations to respond to evolving regulatory and rating agency requirements and guidelines which could impact the company’s capital position or ratings.