AVP & Actuary, Risk Management, job available! Our Client offers some of today’s most sought after life insurance, annuity, and retirement planning products. Our highly rated Financial Group Client is looking for a AVP & Actuary, Risk Management to join their stellar team! Above all, pursue a career with meaning and purpose. Furthermore, the AVP & Actuary, Risk Management will have the opportunity to contribute to our Client’s financial success while making a difference in the lives of those they do business with, their coworkers, and their communities. Salary is to $200’s + 20% bonus + ESOP + benefits. This job is in the greater Des Moines, Iowa area. Apply now for this excellent AVP & Actuary, Risk Management job by clicking on the Apply Now button above! This is Job 2946.
Lead Enterprise Risk Management actuarial function that supports a specific business unit or supports multiple business units. Drive execution of strategic vision that supports our Client’s long-term growth objectives. Oversee high visibility projects and provide strategic oversight in evaluating internal and external factors that impact team’s work. Build and develop talented team of actuaries and/or analysts to establish processes and tools aligned with best practices. Understand and articulate underlying risks of the team’s work. Utilize superior presentation skills to convey technical results to a wide range of audiences, including Senior Leadership and CEO monthly.
- Uppermost, provide strategic, forward-thinking, leadership in support of our Client’s long-term growth objectives. Establish clear and documented vision for team that is in alignment with the organization’s vision, ensuring projects and team goals are aligned.
- Provide strategic oversight for team, leading with vision to the future. Assume accountability for results produced by team and articulate results to key stakeholders by demonstrating strong communication skills.
- Furthermore, demonstrate strong knowledge of our Client’s products and insurance contracts. Maintain strong knowledge of industry issues including economic, regulatory, and competitive. Recommend enhancements to existing products or processes or develop new products and processes to accommodate market changes. Oversee development of materials needed to comply with applicable regulations.
- Lead team to create, understand and interpret complex financial models in line with best practices. Understand and articulate to leaders and key stakeholders, including non-financial stakeholders, how model results compare to actual financial results and document and articulate differences that impact conclusions drawn from the models. Ensure proper governance, peer review and documentation is completed.
- In addition, lead team to design and develop efficient data systems and oversee analysis of data. Recommend appropriate data analysis techniques given the nature of the analysis needed. Use key insights to make recommendations to management. Ensure proper governance and documentation is completed.
- Build a risk aware culture by ensuring that all employees conduct their daily work and activities with an eye toward risk. Lead development of appropriate methods to monitor, measure and project risk exposure. Understand the implications of failing to manage risk. Provide leadership and direction to team to assist in developing risk mitigation techniques. Prepare and present risk analysis to Enterprise Risk Management.
- Also, establish a team environment which is quickly adaptable to emerging requirements. Inspire innovation and creative thinking.
- Build and develop a talented team of actuaries and/or analysts. Oversee multiple projects. Effectively plan and prioritize the team’s work in accordance with broader department objectives and priorities. Execute performance management responsibilities on a timely basis.
- In addition, maintain strong relationships and collaborate with other departments and business units. Understand how the work of the team affects others. Proactively collaborate and communicate effectively with both actuarial and non-actuarial teams. Ensure alignment of priorities and goals.
- Enhance and develop personal and professional skills through the Society of Actuaries’ continuing education requirements. Attend actuarial-related conferences and bring insights back to team.
- Also, drive and reinforce commitment to internal controls processes such as those under Model Audit Rule and Record Information Management.
- Participate in other initiatives and/or projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Business or Actuarial Science with a high level of demonstrated mathematical ability required.
- Furthermore, minimum 10 years’ experience in the life insurance and annuity industry preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ management experience with proven ability to develop talent including managers preferred.
- In addition, FSA or career ASA preferred.
- MAAA may be required for specific roles.
- Effective leadership, decision-making, and motivational skills.
- Also, strong interpersonal skills for relationship building and engagement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for all levels of management, including Senior Management.
- Strong analytical skills with forward thinking; must demonstrate ability to anticipate and direct the analysis of problems/questions and provide recommendations to appropriate audiences.
- Furthermore, strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and deliver results.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead through change and deliver results by developing and implementing strategy to cope with changing business environments.
- Our Client will not sponsor a visa.
Back to Actuary Jobs.. Also, here is a link back to Featured Insurance Jobs. Or if you prefer, back to the hub; our Home page.
Additional resource links for Greater Des Moines, IA and Wikipedia.