Exceptional Assistant Actuary, Valuation job with leading Reinsurer! First of all, ideal Candidate will be ASA with GAAP and Prophet experience. Above all, our Client stresses high performance and collaboration. Furthermore, they value intelligence, creativity, curiosity and humility. Above all, this Client’s mission is to enhance their customer’s prosperity. Missouri location. Salary is negotiable. Apply now for this exciting Assistant Actuary, Valuation, job by clicking on the Apply Now green button above! This is Job 2849.
The Assistant Actuary, Valuation performs valuation/financial reporting and analysis for US Mortality. Also, supports the maintenance and enhancement of the financial forecasting infrastructure. Furthermore, develops and maintains actuarial assumptions, methods, models and processes used for valuation. Above all, provides general valuation, financial analysis, and project assistance.
The Essential Functions
- First of all, develops, maintains, and/or reviews actuarial assumptions, methods, and models.
- Performs detailed Statutory, Tax, and GAAP valuation work. Ensures these items are documented and posted. Helps identify changing requirements and adapting to maintain compliance.
- Assists with unbiased projections for financial planning and analysis. Helps communicate financial analytics and results.
- Provides support to senior actuaries and assists with special projects.
- Serves as a liaison with other associates.
- Above all, performs valuation work and projects.
- Finally, other duties as required.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- ASA or near ASA
- Most noteworthy, strong Prophet coder
- Above all, GAAP experience
- Annuity Product expertise
- Competent PC and technical skills. Database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL ). Spreadsheets, statistical programs and actuarial software (MoSes, Prophet, AXIS). Ability to program in SQL or other database language
- Ability to compile, analyze, refine, and interpret large amounts of financial data/results. Model projections
- Competent knowledge and understanding of actuarial concepts
- Also, able to be flexible when needed, take initiative, and demonstrate accountability
- Furthermore, good oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
- Most noteworthy, ability to adapt to new methods. Work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
- Also, intermediate level of investigative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Furthermore, able to set goals, multitask and prioritize workload
- Also, ability to work well within a team environment. Work on department/team projects. Able to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of disciplines. Work well with all levels of management
- Above all, Assistant Actuary able to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Finally, competent understanding of key insurance-related concepts. Includes life & annuity products. Also, reinsurance contracts, and basic GAAP, Statutory, and tax accounting principles.